Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

FlyByNight

8 Days NO Mods!

Mygica, I think you should just shut this site down. That way your customers won't be expecting you to do anything. We can then all move on.

FBN

we are always here day and night, why we should shut down our website?

we have online support and phone support

i am sure we have answered your question already

*** NOTE *** if your asking for Justin only to help you out, then you have to wait, he's not a mod he's out of leaders and he's not on this fourms that much,

so no way you can say This or that ...

and do not spam, i see your posting 7 day, One Week, and 8 day all under few hours apart!...

((( Warning Do not get your self Banned ))

1. we are always here day and night, why we should shut down our website

With all due respect to the above comment, I'm on here a LOT and I can read the number of people (usually 5 to 15) and who's online. Haven't seen you much around here.

2. *** NOTE *** if your asking for Justin only to help you out, then you have to wait, he's not a mod he's out of leaders and he's not on this fourms that much,

I've been PMing Justin over the last couple of weeks and I'm fully aware of what he's doing. Your name came up too.

3. and do not spam, i see your posting 7 day, One Week, and 8 day all under few hours apart!

Once a day starting on day 5.

With the utmost respect and recognizing I don't post much here, I do visit this site daily to learn about any updates and news. I have to back-up FBN and WJW here and let you know from the consumer side, support went from awesome to absence. The fact new mods were introduced a few weeks back was a great thing and I appreciated the commitment to have a presence but that doesn't mean lurking behind the scenes. When customers are asking for for a response and none comes, the impression is that no one is listening. I must also comment on the tone of the response from Jamesc, especially as a new mod, is somewhat abrupt, defensive and not very customer oriented. Anyway, you asked what are you not doing? Well in my case the update for the buggy 582 fw was to be released during the the week of July 13 or there abouts. It's okay if it is going to be delayed, but let people know - we've been pretty patient over the months with previous updates when communications on this forum were second to none.

Anyway, you asked and I'm just letting you know the way I see it. I love my 582 and am ready to buy more or whatever next gen MyGica is offering - just reassure customers your in for the long haul.

Thanks for the work to bring us stellar products.

Again Justin, why not weekly updates of what, if anything, is happening with the releases. Like what started this, you said there would be an beta release shortly and the time passed a week or so ago. No reason as to why, or if it is expected in the future.

More regular and persistent communication would go a long way to keeping the user base happy. Speaking for myself, I not looking for the world, just kept in the loop.

Justin,

My daily posts here regarding the apparent absence of the Moderators from this forum was to bring attention to the issue. It appears that it was successful and this issue has been noticed not only by myself but by others.

Having forum Moderators which only read customer questions / comments and provide no help or information whatsoever for over a week doesn't make sense to me as this is a support forum, is this not? I can only speculate as for the reasons, could it be a training issue, or simply maybe it is not a good job fit for the support individual? I have read many of the responses from Jamesc and my only comments are that many are unprofessional, abrasive and threatening. Not the sort of thing you would expect from someone who is given the responsibility to help customers and to represent the company brand.

Yes there is something MyGica support is not doing.

- not providing responses to customers in a timely manner or at all.

- not providing updates on known issues and respecting timelines for their resolution.

- not showing professionalism when dealing with a customer.

It is apparent that the Quad Core models have firmware issues, and for reasons which I don't understand, the firmware issues do not affect all the boxes the same. For example the Netflix audio sync issue doesn't show up on all ATV1800e units, however on the units it does affect it makes the Netflix app unusable. I have provided a video showing the issue and some feedback which may or may not be related to it, which is regarding the remote control not providing basic functions in Netflix, yet it seems to control an mp3 file on a connected usb stick while Netflix is running. I've not had any response from the support here regarding my video or remote control observations. Not even a simple "thank you and we are looking into it".

One last thing... instead of threatening the banning of customers here because of valid comments which would only improve the customer experience here and of the product, the moderators should be thanking them. As well thanking them for stepping in to help other users with their issues, when the moderators are only content to read them and provide no response. WJW is one individual which has been very helpful with assisting YOUR customers, yet as I recall he has also been threatened with banning.

I hope you take my comments as being constructive and that they lead to some internal review of your support department and resolution of customer issues.

FBN

With the utmost respect and recognizing I don't post much here, I do visit this site daily to learn about any updates and news. I have to back-up FBN and WJW here and let you know from the consumer side, support went from awesome to absence. The fact new mods were introduced a few weeks back was a great thing and I appreciated the commitment to have a presence but that doesn't mean lurking behind the scenes. When customers are asking for for a response and none comes, the impression is that no one is listening. I must also comment on the tone of the response from Jamesc, especially as a new mod, is somewhat abrupt, defensive and not very customer oriented. Anyway, you asked what are you not doing? Well in my case the update for the buggy 582 fw was to be released during the the week of July 13 or there abouts. It's okay if it is going to be delayed, but let people know - we've been pretty patient over the months with previous updates when communications on this forum were second to none.

Anyway, you asked and I'm just letting you know the way I see it. I love my 582 and am ready to buy more or whatever next gen MyGica is offering - just reassure customers your in for the long haul.

Thanks for the work to bring us stellar products.

Oh god...why are you punishing yourself by considering to buy another MyGica product...you're just hurting for pain. But if you insist, let me tell you that I just got a $34.99 Tronsmart Draco H3 (HDMI Dongle) and it works BETTER than this crapbox. To boot, the moderators in that forum actually respond in a timely manner.

I am so glad I was able to get a refund but my father-in-law...not so lucky. I feel bad recommending this box to him after watching a very favourable review of the product. Hindsight is 20/20 but I wish I would not have been so naive to think it wasn't paid for by MyGica...

Come on Justin...where is this new miracle firmware so I can fix my FIL's box and never have to come back to this crap forum again?

After reading all of this.

I will start next week reading through and answering most of the forums. Sorry for the lack of response from myself lately, I was just working on other projects that required my attention. My main focus is still to just keep on top of the firmware threads.

I will give answers to posts that go unanswered by our current mods.

I will post up another beta FW for 1800/582 today for you to use.

I have read through all of this, and appreciate your comments, and will move forward to make changes

Thanks

Justin

I will start next week reading through and answering most of the forums. Sorry for the lack of response from myself lately, I was just working on other projects that required my attention. My main focus is still to just keep on top of the firmware threads.

I have read through all of this, and appreciate your comments, and will move forward to make changes

Thanks

Justin

Justin, Thank you for your response. You guys built your company on good products so please don't let it go down in the crapper with mediocre support for your flagship product. As much as I have a bad taste in my mouth from recent experience, I do hope you guys turn it around and make this box decent and worthy of the price.

Thanks

Justin

Justin, Thank you for your response. You guys built your company on good products so please don't let it go down in the crapper with mediocre support for your flagship product. As much as I have a bad taste in my mouth from recent experience, I do hope you guys turn it around and make this box decent and worthy of the price.

Thanks

Is what we plan to do

Justin,

My daily posts here regarding the apparent absence of the Moderators from this forum was to bring attention to the issue. It appears that it was successful and this issue has been noticed not only by myself but by others.

Having forum Moderators which only read customer questions / comments and provide no help or information whatsoever for over a week doesn't make sense to me as this is a support forum, is this not? I can only speculate as for the reasons, could it be a training issue, or simply maybe it is not a good job fit for the support individual? I have read many of the responses from Jamesc and my only comments are that many are unprofessional, abrasive and threatening. Not the sort of thing you would expect from someone who is given the responsibility to help customers and to represent the company brand.

- not providing updates on known issues and respecting timelines for their resolution.

It is apparent that the Quad Core models have firmware issues, and for reasons which I don't understand, the firmware issues do not affect all the boxes the same. For example the Netflix audio sync issue doesn't show up on all ATV1800e units, however on the units it does affect it makes the Netflix app unusable. I have provided a video showing the issue and some feedback which may or may not be related to it, which is regarding the remote control not providing basic functions in Netflix, yet it seems to control an mp3 file on a connected usb stick while Netflix is running. I've not had any response from the support here regarding my video or remote control observations. Not even a simple "thank you and we are looking into it".

One last thing... instead of threatening the banning of customers here because of valid comments which would only improve the customer experience here and of the product, the moderators should be thanking them. As well thanking them for stepping in to help other users with their issues, when the moderators are only content to read them and provide no response. WJW is one individual which has been very helpful with assisting YOUR customers, yet as I recall he has also been threatened with banning.

I hope you take my comments as being constructive and that they lead to some internal review of your support department and resolution of customer issues.

FBN

I am not sure where your going with this, but we are answering alot of questions here...

Your not on the only person on this forums,

I have indicated in the past and now too that we do not speak about 3rd party add-ons or Unofficial Add-ons on this forums.. and we have taken steps to lock a post or more...

if you believe that is unprofessional that is your issue...

** Enough Said ** it seems you have problem with me and not with Forums LOL

and what you two are pushing is called Cyber Bullying cause you want make someone look bad ** good luck **

I am not sure where your going with this, but we are answering alot of questions here...

I have indicated in the past and now too that we do not speak about 3rd party add-ons or Unofficial Add-ons on this forums.. and we have taken steps to lock a post or more...

and what you two are pushing is called Cyber Bullying cause you want make someone look bad ** good luck **

Really? You got to be kidding me.... Now it's accusations?

FBN

Thanks

Justin

Thank You Justin!

Just to let you know you may want to rein in one of your Mods a little.... just a suggestion.

FBN

Aaaannd now to my question. Maybe I'm simply blind but where exactly are the Forum Rules?

Live links? Banned.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631&p=11504&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p11504

Heated (but not profane or vulgar) discussion between two ownwers? Banned

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2922&p=11855&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p11855

Ask about apps and icons in the MyGica Store? Banned

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3096&p=12361&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12361

Ask where the Mods are? Banned.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12550&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12550

Links to the Forum Rules page to "remind" people of what they can do, acceptable. Removing or ****ing out questionable comments? Acceptable.

The Forum is covered and not liable.

Threatening? Unprofessional. Don't just take my word for it...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12556&hilit=defensive&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12556

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12559&hilit=banning&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12559

Don't even get me started on locking :D

Aaaannd now to my question. Maybe I'm simply blind but where exactly are the Forum Rules?

Live links? Banned.

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1631&p=11504&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p11504

Heated (but not profane or vulgar) discussion between two ownwers? Banned

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=2922&p=11855&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p11855

Ask about apps and icons in the MyGica Store? Banned

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3096&p=12361&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12361

Ask where the Mods are? Banned.

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12550&hilit=banned&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12550

Links to the Forum Rules page to "remind" people of what they can do, acceptable. Removing or ****ing out questionable comments? Acceptable.

The Forum is covered and not liable.

Threatening? Unprofessional. Don't just take my word for it...

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12556&hilit=defensive&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12556

viewtopic.php?f=52&t=3136&p=12559&hilit=banning&sid=e7a99f5d4f62f16e8b2154870875f14c#p12559

Don't even get me started on locking :D

LOL wjw! Wow I can't believe you kept a list. I just got my 2nd warning from jamesc for giving my honest opinion about the 1800e and comparing it to other competitors that are 3/4 cheaper but provide better support. Talk about powertripping...at least this time jamesc, you didn't delete my post I'll give you that.

One question jamesc...why are you so quick to respond to everything else besides actual support for this forum?

Been watching this with interest from the sidelines..

If questions/issues are being raised.. answer.. show activity. It's OK to say.. don't know, get back to you.. but get back to us.

Being a Mod can be a tough gig, if you're not up to it.. bow out gracefully.

I know what I spent in Canada for my 1800e and it wasn't cheap, finally got it stable and don't want to see it screw up.. want to see improvements.

Justin, thanks for popping in with the heads up

Jamesc, lighten up

LOL wjw! Wow I can't believe you kept a list. I just got my 2nd warning from jamesc for giving my honest opinion about the 1800e and comparing it to other competitors that are 3/4 cheaper but provide better support. Talk about powertripping...at least this time jamesc, you didn't delete my post I'll give you that.

One question jamesc...why are you so quick to respond to everything else besides actual support for this forum?

Hmmm, wonder what's allowed to be talked about in the "Off Topic" discussions. Electronic play toys and I get along well and I have some opinions/questions about some other devices I'm looking at.

PS @xxboarderxx

How do you like your Tronsmart? There are a couple of dual-boot devices I'm looking at but I'm always open to suggestions...

Justin,

FBN

Justin, sincerely appreciate your response and commitment

Jamesc, well...best not to say anything to your response...

How DARE you make a smart-assed flippant comment about "cyber-bullying" as nothing more than a throwaway statement at the end of a pointless post.

I work for a school board that takes bullying seriously. Respectful Workplace, Safe Space, Wear Pink, DIFD (Daron Richardson, daughter of Luke Richardson of Ottawa, committed suicide) and I could go on. Other examples of real cyber bullying can be found here

http://www.puresight.com/Real-Life-Stor ... ories.html

I had a relative (yes I said had) who committed suicide because she couldn't handle the stress so she took her own life. You don't like it? Turn off the monitor and your "bullying" is over. Some people aren't so lucky.

Laugh out loud? Give me a fucking break.

I was wondering why I didn't see the last line you so thoughtfully (sic) wrote originally. I then realized that you must have edited your post after you wrote it to add it.

I could continue but I would most definitely, and I mean definitely be banned

J

PS @xxboarderxx

How do you like your Tronsmart? There are a couple of dual-boot devices I'm looking at but I'm always open to suggestions...

Hey wjw - I always gauge my electronic devices with how well my wife takes a liking to them as she is not as technically inclined as I am. To be honest, my wife actually told me it is easier to use because it looks just like her Android phone. It doesn't have its own launcher like the 1800e. It is also not finnicky. What I mean by that is sometimes when I clicked on an app with the 1800e, the app beside it would launch. The Tronsmart doesn't do that.

It has been able to play everything that I've tested including 4K. All the usual apps (Kodi, Netflix, Hulu HBO) are great. No issues with Google Play Store. I also like the fact that it is a dongle so it slots right in the HDMI and sits there - analogy would be that of a USB stick. It is powered by a mini USB to USB so I plug that in a USB port on the TV.

Now, it's not perfect as the 1800e boots up much faster. I'd say probably 3x as fast but to be honest, I only turn it off every night (yes, it can turn off) and turn it on again when I want to watch something. I also noticed that if I am watching Plex, it will take about 5 seconds longer to load than the 1800e. It also gets quite hot so I don't know if that will reduce the life of the product but when you put it into perspective with the price and my recent 1800e experience, I feel like I've stolen from the manufacturer. I bought it on sale for $29.99 US (usually $39.99).

In any case, the support is decent albeit the product is already quite refined. and if something does happen to go awry, I could care less as I've only spend $30 US on it...I've actually ordered 2 more to use and it's kind of ironic in that if it wasn't for the 1800e being so terrible, I would not have even considered looking elsewhere and ending up saving $150. Quite frankly, I am now baffled by how the 1800e can be priced so high when it is not any better than a $30 product.

I do see that Justin has come through and given us a new beta firmware to test. I'll download it and load it on my in-law's 1800e. Hopefully that fixes things but at this point, I am skeptical...

P.S. I read your response to the bullying comment from the infamous jamesc and I am sorry for your loss. In addition, my wife is a teacher in the Ottawa Carleton District School Board and she is part of the anti-bullying campaign and she would probably smack jamesc around a few times for his ridiculous comments towards the topic. Anyway, let's get back on topic.

Cheers

X

Yeah, same Board. I'm not looking for any sympathy vote, and I have a very thick skin, and can take it as well as give it, but some comments just piss me right off. 'nuff said.

I looked around for it and my price was the $39 you mentioned. DX didn't have anything like it so I assume your talking about GearBest or GeekBuying.

The cyber-bullying accusation jamesc made was inappropriate and just another example of why he should not be a moderator here, hopefully Justin will see that jamesc is not a good fit for his job.

Today the kids have it much harder now than when I was a kid, the cyber-bullying is something they now have to deal with... my daughter is a teacher and I'm well aware of the problem.

My heart goes out to all the kids and families affected by this problem.

FBN

Yeah, same Board. I'm not looking for any sympathy vote, and I have a very thick skin, and can take it as well as give it, but some comments just piss me right off. 'nuff said.

I looked around for it and my price was the $39 you mentioned. DX didn't have anything like it so I assume your talking about GearBest or GeekBuying.

I bought the Draco H3 from Geekbuying when they had a sale. It arrived in 2 weeks. without sale, I think it is $10 US more.