Justin

**NEW BETA FW FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380** JULY 28TH, 2015

Hey Guys,

I was having some issues with playstore as well , but i got it working.

It was either giving me an error when i would try to download , or it would flash a white screen twice when trying to open the app and do

nothing at all.

BTW this is for the firmware before this beta,

Here are the steps i took.

1. Reboot your mygica

2. Goto to your Settings -> Apps screen

3. Scroll over to your running apps.

4. Under Google Play Services enter and click clear data

5. Under Google play Store Do the same *For Steps 4 and 5 if clear data is not an option click clear cache

6. Go back to your network settings and enable both wifi and ethernet( if available)

I believe you need wifi as the main though

7. Test it out

It might stop working after a few days and you will need to repeat this.

Let me know how it goes

For me everything is working :

1. Sound out of sync with official kodi 15 is gone, now everything is fine

2. Tried Hdmi passthrough dolby 5.1 and dts is working activated it in expert settings of kodi if someone needs help I will be glad to help you.

1. First you need to activate in settingmbox digital audio detection

2. In kodi system->settings->system->audio output (settings level Expert ) activate enable passthrough)

For me there is only one issue about net led which is not blinking on network activity but I can live without it.

Thanks mygica team.

Regards.

I did these steps. In Kodi enabled Passthrough and I guess I dont have to touch the 2.0 or 5.1 option in audio settings once Passthrough is enabled ? But the sound doesnt feel 5.1 to me. I have tried multiple videos and it sounds 2.0 instead of dolby 5.1 ? Anyone have idea why is that ? Is this firmware handling 5.1 at all ?

Did anyone also noticed that after standby the HDMI blackout issue sis till there, but in a different way though. Nothing works on the screen in Kodi after a standby and have to exit out of it back to Home and then restart Kodi ?

Yes this firmware can handle Dolby 5.1 and DTS. So far I have tried Dolby 5.1 right now I am downloading one DTS movie, I will try it an report it here. Tomorrow I hope. Tried DTS and it is working fine, receiver detects DTS 5.1 :)

How can I be sure, well when I put some movie with 2 CH my receiver Onkyo detect that and when I put Dolby he detects Dolby and I assure you that if audio receiver detects Dolby than it is Dolby 5.1

My equipment is connected like this:

MyGica ATV 582 --(hdmi)--> Onkyo TX-sr576 --(hdmi)--> Panasonic TV

I also tried HEVC H.265 movie in latest kodi 15

*720p working fine no shuttering almost perfect

*1080p not working fine it shutters and lags

Justin will our box in future will support hardware decoding of H.265 or just what software like KODI can handle?

Edited by Guest

Yes this firmware can handle Dolby 5.1 and DTS. So far I have tried Dolby 5.1 right now I am downloading one DTS movie, I will try it an report it here. Tomorrow I hope. Tried DTS and it is working fine, receiver detects DTS 5.1 :)

How can I be sure, well when I put some movie with 2 CH my receiver Onkyo detect that and when I put Dolby he detects Dolby and I assure you that if audio receiver detects Dolby than it is Dolby 5.1

My equipment is connected like this:

MyGica ATV 520 --(hdmi)--> Onkyo TX-sr576 --(hdmi)--> Panasonic TV

I also tried HEVC H.265 movie in latest kodi 15

*720p working fine no shuttering almost perfect

*1080p not working fine it shutters and lags

Justin will our box in future will support hardware decoding of H.265 or just what software like KODI can handle?

S802 Chip which is used on 582/1800/380 does not support H.265 Hardware decoding only software.

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

--SNIP--

Justin, the file linked to the OP is still 0703. Did you update the file contents, or am I missing a link somewhere?

EW BETA FIRMWARE IMG FILE FOR ATV 1800/1800E/582/380. This is BETA right now, official version will follow with new Kernel update.

A new file will follow this one, which will have a new AMLogic Kernel along with some other fixes + changes.

Updated Firmware as of July 28th, 2015.

--SNIP--

Justin, the file linked to the OP is still 0703. Did you update the file contents, or am I missing a link somewhere?

We sent an OTA Update that is dated 0721

Took a bit but got the update on. Still had kodi 14.1 though. I actually uninstalled it, and then loaded 15. Still configuring, but what was supposed to be in the OTA?

I have some issues with this latest update.

The lights on my 380 do not behave properly, the network activity light stays on when the device is in standby.

I encountered the HDMI bug two times so far: once the screen was black and the second time it was flashing with a static image of the last image displayed on the screen and the speed was increasing...

From these points of view the previous update was perfect for me.

One last detail: is there anything that can be done to improve the behavior of the mouse cursor when used with the MyGica remote?

It used to move better be more controllable but lately it barely moves on the screen even with new batteries in the remote and from 1m distance.

I installed the 07-03 update posted and before testing I am now attempting the OTA update but it is taking a long time to download. I have rebooted several times and checked the ethernet connection and after almost an hour it is still only at 18%. I'm not sure if the server site is slow or something else at my end since updating to the newest FW? I'll let it dl overnight and see if it completes.

Forgot to mention that I am saving the file to SD card which I have always used on my 582 and not had any read/write speed issues. Didn't try to save to cache and don't want to interrupt it now to see if it helps, I'm at 22% now!

UPDATE: I let it run overnight and I applied the update successfully.

Edited by Guest

Small bit of feedback. I installed the 07-03 update, setup Kodi (Isengard), and in the middle of it all received the update dialog (restart now?). I cancelled the update, and did a manual update when I was finished. Left it overnight, woke up the next morning to be greeted by a recovery screen.

I had to reinstall the 07-03 firmware, let it do the OTA update, and carry on from there. That worked fine.

As an aside, (and I need to check the other sub-forums) is Kodi Isengard giving anyone sound problems? I kept losing sound across the entire system (HDMI throughput configured correctly) - I am currently using the pre-installed version of Kodi, and have no such problem.

Have the firmware updates gone dead for the ATV 582, what happened to Lollipop 5.0?

Look in the discussion thread - should be an OTA this week for a firmware update, for 5.0 there should be a manual upload at some point soon according to @Justin.

For Lollipop update on 1800/582/380 I will post up the 1900 FW so you can manual upgrade to Android 5.0.2

We will have a 4.4.2 OTA update for those 3 models soon though, we are starting the 1900 first, then 586, then 1800/582/380

I don't have an exact date yet, but 1900 OTA update should take 2-3 days, same with 586. So this will give you an idea of the timeline for an OTA Update for 1800/582/380

Good Day

How can i obtain the Lollipop update? I have the latest September 2015 firmware running and ive just noticed that this version or one not too long ago removed the ability to install apps to the external microSD or too move them.

The result for me is i cannot use kodi anymore as my library grows so big that the whole OS and other apps cannot run properly because Kodi has filled the internal SD.

Im hopying perhaps lollipop has brought this back so i can move Kodi to my SD.

For those of you wanting the 1800/582/380 Firmware early

pls find ATV1800E ATV582 update firmware as below:

pls test and let us have your confirmation . then we can start OTA

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20151119.img

https://mega.nz/#!Pg11UAyB!mweWOsvrj04N ... EpmdRR4jpg

change log:

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version (Only if you factory Reset)

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

I performed a fresh install of Lollipop 5.02 on my ATV 582 via recovery no problem, I could not get the standard remote to work with it even after enabling it in settings, had to use my wireless keyboard, was only able to connect via wi fi, not network cable (DHCP nor static would work), could not get play store to connect either, reverted back to kitkat. In my onion this unit has far to little memory, have to clear memory continuously or wireless mouse /keyboard becomes unusable. Kodi version was 14 not 15.2 (Factory Reset was performed). Anybody else having this problem?

Did the same. Factory reset and upgrade to the new Android 5. Love the new look. Wifi speeds really good. Play Store works fine. Same problem with remote (have to use my wireless keyboard), means I have no way to reboot! Also Quickboot is missing so can't get into Recovery mode. Also this version IS NOT ROOTED (which is an inconvenience but not a deal breaker). Otherwise I like the direction this is going.