Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

brennenc

sound cuts in an out with xbmc plz help

I have a mygica atv585 running android 4.4 kitkat. After watching anything for roughly 10 min the sound starts to cut in and out randomly. It varies from every few seconds to a min or 2. Its not lag or buffering. And its not the content because if i rewind and play it back then it cuts out in different areas. If tried different hdmi cables just in case....no change. Ive watched netflix with no issues. Ive tried switching to passthrough and that sometimes stops it.but it never lasts long. Im running kodi mygica edition with the latest update. Any suggestions would be great because so far i cant find anything online and ive posted in other discussions on this site with no luck of getting replies

Kodi 14.1 mygica edition

Does the sound cutting in and out happen on any other apps like You Tube, Netflix etc?

Are you able to uninstall KODI 14.1 and install KODI 15.1 from the Play Store

See if a different version of KODI fixes this?

I changed to kodi 15 and the problem has not changed

Are you using the sound directly from the boxes HDMI to your TV's HDMI?

As i mentioned earlier: i have the same problem. I have 2 boxes and i have the problem on both.

it is not app related (i notice it in kodi and in youtube)

I think it is related to the HDMI connection.

Not cable related, not receiver hdmi related (2 different brands of TV's on bothe of my boxes)

So it must be the box itself... but as I don't know much about HDMI I must admit that I'm totally guessing.

I too have some of the same issue, now and then, in Kodi the sound disappears. I found a way to correct this as a temporary method, I use a HDMI cable output. Unplug the cable and plug back in. this fixes the issue. Hence the reason I want to Update my Kodi from 14.2 to 15.2, however methods to update Kodi seems to fail. Even in the MyGica store installation do not work.

It look like it is part of the firware

As i mentioned above. I tried a few different cables.

It is not a HDMI cable issues, as it work fine without using Kodi, this only an issue if you Kodi. My box version of Kodi is 14.2. I need to update this however many method have failed. It is like it is part of the firmware.

Kodi 14.2 is, per se, "part of the firmware". That doesn't mean you can't remove it and upgrade. It's one of the 16 or so apps that are baked into the rom. Meaning that if you completely futz up your box you can simply factory reset it and they will all reinstall.

See my other post on how to remove 14.2

Hi there. I have the same problem too but I have an HDMI connection to my receiver. I have looked at settings on the 585 and the receiver individually but no luck. It's hard to determine if it's the box, the receiver, or KODI. Any ideas?