Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jamesc

Best MyGica box to buy

I have had my 582 for about a year and a half now and have been for the most part happy with it. I'm planning on buying a second box by another TV in the house to replace a WDTV.

My question is: what is the best one to buy at the moment? Will the 582 or 1800e continue to get support? Will the get Android 5? I believe there are some new boxes coming out 1900. Should I wait for them? What is the major differences?

I'm not in any rush. I use it mostly for Kodi, streaming my local library of home videos, pictures and music as well as some video add-ons. I have an OTA antenna for Live TV.

Thanks!

HI Kasmca,

That is awesome that your going to get 2nd box from MyGica, and we are behind our product with hardware and software to make sure it works perfectly...

The ATV582 and ATV1800E always was and will be getting support and updates. We already have our dev team work on OS 5 Lollipop, and Planning to launch it soon.

There are many Differences between 1900ac and 1800E or 582, beside the Unique Design, The hardware is also different Speed and functions are way better then 582 and 1800E. It also carries AC Wireless Connection, since its 16 times better then N Connection.

Since you do have a OTA Antenna we do have another model which is ATV586, that will allow you to connect your OTA annetna. No more hassle of changing Inputs on your TV, just by clicking an app your able to watch your local channels via your OTA on the box it self

I everyone I'm new to this site.....But let me tell U all this.....I started out with a MyGica 1800, then after a year I wanted to a second box so I got

at 1800e....WoW.........both these units have served me great......Then the other day I went and got a MyGica... (ATV 1900 PRO). This box is far ahead

of all the other ones I got......not that there is anything wrong with the other two, because that are also great units....The best way I can say it is like

thi.....(.why drive a Volkswagen when U can drive a Cadillac with all the bells & whistles)....And the remote on this unit is so easy...WoW, WoW, WoW

Ok then, humour me. What's so great about it? Does the hdd come with it? Is the remote substantially different than the 401 remote I got for $20?  How does 17.0 Krypton (beta) work on it? Marshmallow in the future? 

Right now I'm running two "other" boxes, one is running (and has been for two weeks) Kodi 17 while my other one I'm currently using as a NAS. Both are running Libreelec. 

Hi , I am from South Africa . We have problems with connectivity and get about 2mb/s where i live . Will i be able to use this product ?

On 3/1/2017 at 11:43 AM, Pieter said:

Hi , I am from South Africa . We have problems with connectivity and get about 2mb/s where i live . Will i be able to use this product ?

2mbps is not really enough speed to use any streaming services, or even you tube really.

So I don't think this product is right for you, unless you can get your download speed to 10-15mbps +