Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jpmccarthy

Kodi 15.1 mygica settings

Just wondering if anyone has any recommended tweaks for kodi to run well on our 582.

Right now I'm running 15.1 with the TVMC edition on it as well as the tuxen XML. I also shut off the HW acceleration (3 radio buttons) in settings>video, and enabled zero cache.

I seem to still have a hard time getting good feeds on some addons and still get some buffering.

Are you experiencing the same problems with 15.0?

I am actually using 15.1 as it updated via the playstore - seems to be a bit less stable than 15.0, but might be placebo.

The other issue might be your connection. Are you using wifi or ethernet? I am using ethernet. Try a wired connection to see if that is the problem.

I'm using wifi - ethernet is not an option for me (no connection in my house where the tv is) but I might look at something else. Also, ethernet no longer seems to work with the July firmware.

I likely should factory reset and start over, but only when I have some time.

I was really just looking for recommended tweaks to Kodi - the ones I listed above I have done after watching and reading a bunch of stuff :)

So I do have an issue - in settings there are 3 radio buttons for HW acceleration - if I turn those on - then I cannot jump ahead in any video stream - the screen I left stays on but the audio does jump ahead. If I turn them off, then no problems. Only had this problem with 15.1, worked fine on 15.0 - and am on the July OTA update.

I believe I read the new ISENGARD KODI is having issues with FF and RWD.

And the KODI team is still trying to work through this.

Is anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Thanks Justin - yeah, it worked fine on 15.0 so figured it was a Kodi issue - if anyone else is having issues, turning off HW acceleration does fix it.

Thanks Justin - yeah, it worked fine on 15.0 so figured it was a Kodi issue - if anyone else is having issues, turning off HW acceleration does fix it.

Ok thanks for the info

15.1.1 was released yesterday. I will check it out to see if it fixes ff and rew issues.

Edit: Google Play update of Kodi released Aug 23 fixed the ff and rew issues. Though I believe the file is 15.1.1, the splash screen shows 15.2 RC. If you go to System -> Hardware Information, it shows 15.1 compiled Aug 22.

As I noted above that definitely did fix the issue for me (I turned back on acceleration). The versioning is interesting, the link in the play store said 15.2 as well.

15.1.1 was released yesterday. I will check it out to see if it fixes ff and rew issues.

Edit: Google Play update of Kodi released Aug 23 fixed the ff and rew issues. Though I believe the file is 15.1.1, the splash screen shows 15.2 RC. If you go to System -> Hardware Information, it shows 15.1 compiled Aug 22.

As I noted above that definitely did fix the issue for me (I turned back on acceleration). The versioning is interesting, the link in the play store said 15.2 as well.

Good to hear it's fixed