Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eastavin

Brand new ATV520E keyboard and video problems, upgrade Q.

Just bought a brand new ATV520E yesterday. Came with Android 4.2.2 installed and XBMC Frodo.

1) upon hooking up my USB wireless keyboard Logitech K400r discovered that the SHIFT key is not recognized by MYGICA so it is not possible to input passwords and the like unless you use the onscreen keyboard. Is there a fix for this?

2) while using the built in browser the device plays most videos on the web. However it seems to have a problem with ones from CBC.CA/NEWS where it plays the first 9 seconds of commercials but stops dead at that point or when the actual content comes on. is there a fix for that? CBC web sites says it uses flash player for videos. similiar problem with bnn.ca

3) XBMC Frodo video add-ons do not seem to work by and large. error messages galore for most of them. After checking out your support pages it seems that to get a newer version of Kodi the MYGICA needs to run Android 4.2 dated Feb 2015. However this box is already at 4.2.2 and only has FRODO. The other upgrade file dated june 2014 offers 4.2.2 but comes with xbmc according to the video below. What are the steps to get this turned around so one can have the latest Android and the latest Kodi rather than XBMC? or is the feb release a typo as to which android is included?

4) How can I tell if my unit was manufactured before or after June 2014 so i can determine if it needs the factory upgrade files from Jun 2014?

Many thanks.

Ed

Just bought a brand new ATV520E yesterday. Came with Android 4.2.2 installed and XBMC Frodo.

1) upon hooking up my USB wireless keyboard Logitech K400r discovered that the SHIFT key is not recognized by MYGICA so it is not possible to input passwords and the like unless you use the onscreen keyboard. Is there a fix for this?

2) while using the built in browser the device plays most videos on the web. However it seems to have a problem with ones from CBC.CA/NEWS where it plays the first 9 seconds of commercials but stops dead at that point or when the actual content comes on. is there a fix for that? CBC web sites says it uses flash player for videos. similiar problem with bnn.ca

3) XBMC Frodo video add-ons do not seem to work by and large. error messages galore for most of them. After checking out your support pages it seems that to get a newer version of Kodi the MYGICA needs to run Android 4.2 dated Feb 2015. However this box is already at 4.2.2 and only has FRODO. The other upgrade file dated june 2014 offers 4.2.2 but comes with xbmc according to the video below. What are the steps to get this turned around so one can have the latest Android and the latest Kodi rather than XBMC? or is the feb release a typo as to which android is included?

4) How can I tell if my unit was manufactured before or after June 2014 so i can determine if it needs the factory upgrade files from Jun 2014?

Many thanks.

Ed

1. You will have to use the on screen keyboard

2. Android does not support Flash so therefore those sites videos will not work

3. You must upgrade your firmware to get KODI. Can be found here

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=2521

4. Sounds like the Firmware that came pre loaded is not the latest. Please refer to #3