Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

boknows

Can't connect to a WD MyBook Live

Hey Everyone

I have both a ATV1800 and a ATV520. My atv520 connects very easily using NFS to my Western Digital MyBook Live but the atv1800 wont go past the IP address (192.xxx.x.xx). Unsure why the old box has no problems and the new one is stuck. Could it be the newer version of Android ???. I have already checked the firmware of both sides and they are both up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo

Hey Everyone

I have both a ATV1800 and a ATV520. My atv520 connects very easily using NFS to my Western Digital MyBook Live but the atv1800 wont go past the IP address (192.xxx.x.xx). Unsure why the old box has no problems and the new one is stuck. Could it be the newer version of Android ???. I have already checked the firmware of both sides and they are both up to date.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Bo

Sorry this is something I am not to familiar with

Can anybody help with this?

Anyone have any idea about this ?? Seems weird that the old Mygica streams over my network perfectly but the newer Mygica cant even connect.

Thanks

Bo

Anyone have any idea about this ?? Seems weird that the old Mygica streams over my network perfectly but the newer Mygica cant even connect.

Thanks

Bo

Can anyone help with this?

I have exactly the same hardware and had the same problem. My solution was to install ESplorer from the app store and use it to scan my network. My WD drives (I have 2) were BOTH accessible.

FYI one drive is connected via USB to my router (Linksys E4200) and the other is connected via USB to my WDTV Live media player. The media player is logged into my network via WiFi. You may be interested to know that both drives are also accessible via Kodi on the MyGica 1800e. Hope this helps you resolve your issues with the WD drive.

My still unresolved problem is if I connect the WD drive directly to the MyGica box it IS NOT accessible on my network yet it is when connected to the WDTV Live box. Can anyone (maybe Justin??) help me with that?

Hey Ultrahub

I tried this but didn't seem to work for me. I would like to double check something though. When you say ESplorer I am assuming that you mean ES file explorer as I can't find just ESplorer. When I ran scan it did not see the WD MyBook Live. Could i be missing something or maybe a setting needs to be turned on?

Really appreciate your help.

Thanks,

Bo

Yes it is ES file explorer.

The only thing I can think of is that the MyGica box is NOT acting as a 'server' for the WD HDD connected to it. That's what I tried at first and it didn't work (the drive could not be accessed from my desktop through the network). When I connected the HDD to the WDTV live box, it became accessible to my entire network i.e., desktop, tablet, & laptop. I don't recall modifying any specific settings. It seems that the WDTV live box acts as a server for an attached storage device by default. If there's a setting that allows the MyGica 1800e to do the same thing, I'D LOVE TO HEAR ABOUT IT!!

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.