Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tv_viewer

Control buttons in Netflix

Netflix (as downloaded from Play Store) is rather cumbersome to operate. It doesn't recognize any of the playback control buttons on the remote (play, pause, ff, skip, etc.), the only way to control playback is using a mouse. Scrolling the list of episodes is irksome as well, buttons don't work and it seems the only way to do it is to drag it with the mouse (hold mouse button while moving it). Seems like the app is tailored to touchscreen interface rather than TV.

I used to own one of the early Android 3.x boxes where Netflix app was fully aware of all remote control buttons and easy to navigate. Is there anything that could be done (like notifying the Play Store to suggest selecting "TV" versions of the apps vs. "phone" versions)?

Edit: my firmware build is 20150321.

Netflix (as downloaded from Play Store) is rather cumbersome to operate. It doesn't recognize any of the playback control buttons on the remote (play, pause, ff, skip, etc.), the only way to control playback is using a mouse. Scrolling the list of episodes is irksome as well, buttons don't work and it seems the only way to do it is to drag it with the mouse (hold mouse button while moving it). Seems like the app is tailored to touchscreen interface rather than TV.

I used to own one of the early Android 3.x boxes where Netflix app was fully aware of all remote control buttons and easy to navigate. Is there anything that could be done (like notifying the Play Store to suggest selecting "TV" versions of the apps vs. "phone" versions)?

Edit: my firmware build is 20150321.

The current version of Netflix from the Playstore is in fact made for Touchscreen devices.

It has been mentioned before that using a Mouse, makes using the app much easier.

We are working on getting the Netflix TV version onto our box, just this requires a lot of work and negotiating to do this.

We are working on making a deal with a private app store company, that has the rights to Netflix TV app and also providing HD.

Until then, we can only offer the current Touchscreen version from the Playstore

Hello.

There has been some progress on the subject with netflix for the smartbox?

I still have not found a version that is from netflix to android tv

8 hours ago, Javix said:

Hello.

There has been some progress on the subject with netflix for the smartbox?

I still have not found a version that is from netflix to android tv

We cannot make any progress on this as we are not the creators of the Netflix app.

The deal I spoke about in my previous post fell through as they were only capable of providing this app for Germany and no other countries.

We have since then added Widevine Level 1 DRM to our newer models the 495 PRO and 1900 PRO, this will allow users to use the Android TV version of Netflix and get 1080P HD Netflix

Pretty Shi*ty if you ask me. I have had the box for a year and not being able to play/watch anything on Netflix. Hmmm, big company as MyGica can't resolve the issue? with the oldest streaming app that has been on the market forever-NETFLIX. Not everybody has the ability to navigate through mygica/xbmc/kodi menus. Neither my 7 year old or my Mom can use it for Netflix.

Gotta feeling that my 1800 will be a last mygica product. This item should have not been released if it wasn't fully functional, nor it should have been advertised as having Netflix built in, because its 80% built in. Rest doesn't work.

I cant control it with buttons nor the mouse.

On 1/21/2017 at 2:01 PM, HELPmyMYGICA said:

Pretty Shi*ty if you ask me. I have had the box for a year and not being able to play/watch anything on Netflix. Hmmm, big company as MyGica can't resolve the issue? with the oldest streaming app that has been on the market forever-NETFLIX. Not everybody has the ability to navigate through mygica/xbmc/kodi menus. Neither my 7 year old or my Mom can use it for Netflix.

Gotta feeling that my 1800 will be a last mygica product. This item should have not been released if it wasn't fully functional, nor it should have been advertised as having Netflix built in, because its 80% built in. Rest doesn't work.

I cant control it with buttons nor the mouse.

We are not the creators or developers of the Netflix app from the Google Play Store.

So therefore we are not capable of modifying another companies app to work with an IR Remote
You will be able to use it with a mouse though, I am not sure what the issue your having when it comes to using a mouse??

We fixed this issue on our new units (495 PRO/1900 PRO) once we found out we need Widevine Level 1 DRM in order to use the Netflix TV app for Netflix 1080P HD,
We cannot add this to our older units because we can only add Widevine Level 1 DRM at the factory.

On 1/13/2017 at 3:19 PM, Javix said:

Justin. 

It may be that the Mygica ATV495 brings the Widevine DRM and can be capable to use Netflix for android tv

In the page of Spain within the specifications informs that brings DRV Widevine.
http://www.mygica.es/en/smart-android-tv/37-atv495.html

Is it so or is it a mistake?

This is correct and not a mistake.