Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

mchilds

Newly delivered MyGica ATV585 no ethernet

Hello, have first time registered. Watched You Tube videos on setup MyGica Quad Core Android TV Box ATV585. This box works well except ethernet will not function (which is my preferred network connection method) and cannot access upgrades on WiFi (will not connect via LAN).

Have powered up box this morning and find that WiFi frozen also (no connection either way, was WiFi working last night) Am going to do a recovery via MyApps>Quick Boot>wipe data/factory defaults>no.

This restored WiFi capability but still no LAN. Seems to be hardware problem

Hello, have first time registered. Watched You Tube videos on setup MyGica Quad Core Android TV Box ATV585. This box works well except ethernet will not function (which is my preferred network connection method) and cannot access upgrades on WiFi (will not connect via LAN).

Have powered up box this morning and find that WiFi frozen also (no connection either way, was WiFi working last night) Am going to do a recovery via MyApps>Quick Boot>wipe data/factory defaults>no.

This restored WiFi capability but still no LAN. Seems to be hardware problem

Firstly, please try and post in the proper section.

I have moved this post to the ATV 585 discussions thread.

May I know when you have Ethernet turned On, are there any lights coming from the Ethernet port on the back of your 585?

Thanks for advice, have spent more time navigating your forum and understand better. To recap: i use a long LAN cable to connect a laptop at a location furthest from my router/modem because WiFi is weak in this desired location. When cable was transferred from laptop to ATV585, MyGica cannot find the connection and asks for cable attachment. When switched back to laptop, laptop finds connection instantaneously.

Today i took the ATV585 to a friend and used a different short LAN cable to connect directly to his router and connection was established instantaneously after switching from WiFi to ethernet in the MyGica control panel.

Now to answer your question: When short LAN cable is connected to ATV585, network led on front of box lites up orange and flashes intermittently, at rear of ATV585, RJ45 receptacle is not illuminated.

May i conclude tentatively that my long LAN cable is somehow incompatible with ATV585 or perhaps partially faulty

Thanks for advice, have spent more time navigating your forum and understand better. To recap: i use a long LAN cable to connect a laptop at a location furthest from my router/modem because WiFi is weak in this desired location. When cable was transferred from laptop to ATV585, MyGica cannot find the connection and asks for cable attachment. When switched back to laptop, laptop finds connection instantaneously.

Today i took the ATV585 to a friend and used a different short LAN cable to connect directly to his router and connection was established instantaneously after switching from WiFi to ethernet in the MyGica control panel.

Now to answer your question: When short LAN cable is connected to ATV585, network led on front of box lites up orange and flashes intermittently, at rear of ATV585, RJ45 receptacle is not illuminated.

May i conclude tentatively that my long LAN cable is somehow incompatible with ATV585 or perhaps partially faulty

Is this cable running from an Ethernet switch?

Or directly from the router?

In the first setup with a long LAN cable, the cable was connect directly to the router. In the second setup with short LAN cable, the cable was connected directly to the telephone modem which is also a router built in (2WIRE brand).

The first setup did not work, the second did work but it appeared to be slow finding links to IPTV and movie sites. I did not clock performance and the testing was not extensive, but it did appear to be no faster than the weak WiFi connection established with my router

Most of these issues depend on traffic, the host server is encountering( I have issue with Sling tv on every device.) If you go to youtube and encounter freezing or any other issues then we can narrow it down to the box.

Good morning. Have revisited the original long LAN cable setup. Have reboot to factory defaults and still cannot detect Lan cable when it is attached to MyGica ATV585. Have installed programs and video add-ons courtesy of fusion and have viewed these things via WiFi and the MyGica ATV585 performs well in this corner of the building with poor WiFi coverage. As in the past attempts, other devices have no problem with my LAN cable. The laptop loads web pages much faster through a wired connection but MyGica ATV 585 will not detect the LAN cable when attached.

Question about illumination of RJ45 receptacle on back of MyGica ATV 585.........some devices indicate connection by lit up plug. Does MyGica ATV585 illuminate the plug when Lan cable is inserted? This box is not indicating even when the LAN did function with my friends' 2WIRE modem

Good morning. Have revisited the original long LAN cable setup. Have reboot to factory defaults and still cannot detect Lan cable when it is attached to MyGica ATV585. Have installed programs and video add-ons courtesy of fusion and have viewed these things via WiFi and the MyGica ATV585 performs well in this corner of the building with poor WiFi coverage. As in the past attempts, other devices have no problem with my LAN cable. The laptop loads web pages much faster through a wired connection but MyGica ATV 585 will not detect the LAN cable when attached.

Question about illumination of RJ45 receptacle on back of MyGica ATV 585.........some devices indicate connection by lit up plug. Does MyGica ATV585 illuminate the plug when Lan cable is inserted? This box is not indicating even when the LAN did function with my friends' 2WIRE modem

It sounds like the Ethernet port is defective on your box.

There are lights that would illuminate on the Ethernet port if it is connected and working.

Thanx Justin for info about illumination of receptacle ,

Probly you are correct about fault in cable.

I will be replace connectors on both ends of LAN or string a new cable

You are helpful, much appreciated