Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frankie

Power on/off button for external remote keyboard?

Hi,

I own the mygica 1800e box and am using the Rii i8+ remote keyboard. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Rii-Wireless-Keybo ... 4VNRGTS85J

My question is, is there a keyboard shortcut to power the mygica box on and off with this external remote? If no, could you program the next firmware version to do this? The thing is it's annoying to use the mygica remote to power the system on and off then switch to the Rii i8+ remote keyboard.

Maybe you can program the play key with the circle around it above the light bulb button to do this as that button seems useless. Or maybe stick with normal keyboard keys so it can work universal over different keyboard devices. Or maybe both.

Hope there's a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Frankie

Hi,

I own the mygica 1800e box and am using the Rii i8+ remote keyboard. You can see it here:

http://www.amazon.ca/Rii-Wireless-Keybo ... 4VNRGTS85J

My question is, is there a keyboard shortcut to power the mygica box on and off with this external remote? If no, could you program the next firmware version to do this? The thing is it's annoying to use the mygica remote to power the system on and off then switch to the Rii i8+ remote keyboard.

Maybe you can program the play key with the circle around it above the light bulb button to do this as that button seems useless. Or maybe stick with normal keyboard keys so it can work universal over different keyboard devices. Or maybe both.

Hope there's a solution to this issue.

Thanks,

Frankie

The ON/OFF feature can only be done through IR Sensor

I will see if another feature can be added for a Reboot/Standby to the Launcher

Yes please keep me updated with if there's a resolution to this.

It works the same as the Mygica KR-40 remote in the sense they both transmit wireless via usb. I don't think the KR-40 has an ir sensor, there's no light that blinks on it when I hit the power button. That being said, wouldn't it be possible to have the Rii i8+ remote configured in the same way with a workable power on/off button?

If this isn't possible, how would the implementation into the launcher work which you mentioned? Seems like you'd only be able to shut the device off with the Rii i8+ that way but not on, if I understand right.

I use peel app on my tablet. My tablet has ir port.ย 

I can do on/off my TV and also tvbox and... within peel.

I use mini keyboard remote for my tvbox (kodi)

So all my remotes are off the table. I only use my tablet ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Euhhhh my on/off remote of tvbox ย can go away. I still have mini and tablet ๐Ÿ˜Ž

On 7/20/2017 at 6:36 PM, Jkteg said:

I use peel app on my tablet. My tablet has ir port.ย 

I can do on/off my TV and also tvbox and... within peel.

I use mini keyboard remote for my tvbox (kodi)

So all my remotes are off the table. I only use my tablet ๐Ÿ˜Ž

Euhhhh my on/off remote of tvbox ย can go away. I still have mini and tablet ๐Ÿ˜Ž

This is the app you are referring to?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=tv.peel.app&hl=en