Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

zaied786

Connect Service Fail on Manual Update

My ATV 1900AC unit is currently connected via WiFi. When I try to do a manual update using "Manual Update Now" I get following message - "Connect service fail". Is anyone else receiving this message? I have been able to perform manual updates when I bought my unit 3 months ago. Normally it displays message that there are no updates currently available when you perform a manual update but for the past 10 days am getting above message.

My ATV 1900AC unit is currently connected via WiFi. When I try to do a manual update using "Manual Update Now" I get following message - "Connect service fail". Is anyone else receiving this message? I have been able to perform manual updates when I bought my unit 3 months ago. Normally it displays message that there are no updates currently available when you perform a manual update but for the past 10 days am getting above message.

We currently do not have any OTA updates available right now for the 1900.

Once there is another one available, you will be able to install the new update and won't get the "Connect Service Fail"

Has this ever been enabled for the ATV1900AC?

Ever since I purchased my box, it has never been able to get an update through the internet...it always says "connect service failed"

I have tried both via WiFi and hardwaired ethernet.

Last night i found the latest posted update on the mygica website...2016-02-29.

First manual attempt froze and crashed....but was able to recover and get it installed and working normally again.

But now even though I updated to that version...I still get the "Connect Service Failed" error message.

After reading through the forum posts, it suggests to me that there are newer updates available...but only through OTA...which does not work for me.

(This is the only thread that I found related to this problem)

If it makes a difference, I am using Rogers High Speed Internet, in Ontario, Canada.

If the OTA will never work for me, how can I get the latest patches that are not posted on the mygica.com website?

Thank You,

Glen