Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Acacius

Update

That's almost certainly the email he got from the outsourced firmware team.

Then me have to wait the OTA update if this a internal message Justin and the firmware team.

Time to have patient and wait.

The file is going to go OTA soon, I think - this is just for those who want/need to have the image for reflashing purposes, or to try it sooner.

If Kodi 15 works, this is going to be the best update ever, since 14 can't write to my SMB shares. Which means no subtitle downloads and no backups (!). 15 is supposed to have solved it.

The file is going to go OTA soon, I think - this is just for those who want/need to have the image for reflashing purposes, or to try it sooner.

If Kodi 15 works, this is going to be the best update ever, since 14 can't write to my SMB shares. Which means no subtitle downloads and no backups (!). 15 is supposed to have solved it.

The Kodi wil be 15 o 15.1. The 15.2 will be only with flash recovery?

This will not overwrite KODI or any other apps, it will not factory reset.

So whatever version of KODI you had on before taking this update will still be there.

If you factory reset the box though, it will install KODI 15.2 from the Play Store.

We will not have MyGica Edition anymore

I will post this up in downloads section soon

But here is OTA update that will start today or tomorrow.

pls find ATV1800E ATV582 update firmware as below:

pls test and let us have your confirmation . then we can start OTA

update_MyGica_S802_4.4_20151119.img

https://mega.nz/#!Pg11UAyB!mweWOsvrj04N ... EpmdRR4jpg

change log:

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version (Only if Factory Reset)

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

Justin

You wrote:

I really not understand what to do. I will appreciate more details.

Not sure what details you are looking for?

Eh... I'll give it a try when it gets there, but I have to be ready to reflash to an older version if I get the same 15.x video output bricking issue as before. That would kinda suck :/ I don't plan on buying something to replace my CRT for at least another 4-5 years.

Eh... I'll give it a try when it gets there, but I have to be ready to reflash to an older version if I get the same 15.x video output bricking issue as before. That would kinda suck :/ I don't plan on buying something to replace my CRT for at least another 4-5 years.

This update will output to CRT properly now using RCA

I will post this up in downloads section soon

But here is OTA update that will start today or tomorrow.

change log:

1. Welcome page add 5 more lanuge. totally have 15 languages now:English, French, German, Italian, Spanish, Portuguese, Dutch (Netherlands), Swedish, Danish, Norwegian, Polish, Greek, Hungarian, Czech, Croatian and Romanian

2. solved wifi disconnect issue

3. Kodi updated to 15.2 lastest version (Only if Factory Reset)

4. CVBS default output change to 480i (NTSC)

5. Each device should have a unique Android ID

6. When OTA updates occur, this list will show from now on showing the latest changes. You can select not to accept the changes if you prefer.

Justin

You wrote:

I really not understand what to do. I will appreciate more details.

Not sure what details you are looking for?

In the way are two update, if I am not mistake, one via OTA in the next days or a flash recovery via the .img in MEGA. The difference will be the Kodi via ota the version that is installed and version 15.2 via the flash recovery. Is this correct?

This will be the exact same update that is being sent for OTA.

There will be no differences.

As I said in an earlier post, KODI is unchanged in this update, unless you decide to Factory reset after taking this update.

Which basically means, if you had 14.2 before this update. Then you take the update, 14.2 will still be there.

But if you factory reset the box, Kodi 15.2 will be installed and 14.2 will be erased.

This will be the exact same for the OTA update.

This will be the exact same update that is being sent for OTA.

There will be no differences.

As I said in an earlier post, KODI is unchanged in this update, unless you decide to Factory reset after taking this update.

Which basically means, if you had 14.2 before this update. Then you take the update, 14.2 will still be there.

But if you factory reset the box, Kodi 15.2 will be installed and 14.2 will be erased.

This will be the exact same for the OTA update.

Thanks Justin. Understood. After the OTA update I will unistall 14.2 version and install 15.2 via the archive in Kodi org.

Manually flashed this firmware through recovery, after a factory reset. Everything went smooth. Great firwmare, everything is working perfectly.

Two days ago I received a OTA update, I think the file was little, because the short time it took to download and install

This is the sistema information:

Model number

XS

Android version

Build number

V002M801_20151118

Kernel version:

jp@ubt124694df11(20150702.155743)

The only change was the Build number. I thing that a second file via OTA update will be coming soon, complementary to this short update.

Is this correct Justin?

Regards

Two days ago I received a OTA update, I think the file was little, because the short time it took to download and install

This is the sistema information:

Model number

XS

Android version

Build number

V002M801_20151118

Kernel version:

jp@ubt124694df11(20150702.155743)

The only change was the Build number. I thing that a second file via OTA update will be coming soon, complementary to this short update.

Is this correct Justin?

Regards

This small update just makes the change which will allow the Changes to be listed on future updates.

The second update will be full firmware update.

The manual update, no the factory upate, has the same result that the OTA update?

The manual can be done by unclick the automatic update and then use the option manual update.

I was notified of an OTA tonight while I was in the middle of a movie so I canceled it in hopes I could go back to it after movie was done.... How do I access the OTA again? I tried Upgrade app in drawer, unchecked Automatic update and picked manual update now but I get a "Connect Service Fail".

Any Ideas of how to get the OTA to show again?

Keep checking manually until it connects. Could take 50 tries, but keep doing it.

I tried to to manual update but negative. I have to make up the system, via factory recovery, with the older version, because the system become corrupted, after the first attemp to do the manual update.

Could you explain how to do it? I will appreciate this a lot.

Regards

Keep checking manually until it connects. Could take 50 tries, but keep doing it.

I tried to to manual update but negative. I have to make up the system, via factory recovery, with the older version, because the system become corrupted, after the first attemp to do the manual update.

Could you explain how to do it? I will appreciate this a lot.

Regards

Sorry I just want to clarify

You are looking how for files and instructions on how to update you firmware or restore it because it is corrupted?