Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sunman

KODI 15.0

We have switched to using the PlayStore version of KODI 15

This way anytime there is a new KODI update, it will not overwrite your add ons/user data.

I have been using it for awhile now, works great.

Hi Justin !

I tried but i have a signature issue message and cant install it as an update

Thanks

That means you have to uninstall the current version you are using.

This way anytime there is a new KODI update, it will not overwrite your add ons/user data.

I cannot download KODI from the playstore. Which version of the firmware allows this?

I cannot download KODI from the playstore. Which version of the firmware allows this?

What issue are you having that is preventing you from downloading it from the PlayStore?

You can always download it from http://kodi.tv as well, it is the same version that is on the Play Store

What issue are you having that is preventing you from downloading it from the PlayStore?

You can always download it from http://kodi.tv as well, it is the same version that is on the Play Store

So, when I go to the PlayStore, and find the KODI app, my options are to Uninstall or OPEN. No download. I have Android 4.2.2 and Kodi 14.x. When I go to Kodi.tv and click download, it wants me to get it from the playstore. So back to original problem. I really don't want to lose all my apps and settings in KODI. I am not sure if I have the latest firmware from MyGica, that is why I asked earlier what the latest version was for my 1200 with the KR60 remote.

Open a browser

Go to "kodi.tv"

Go to "Downloads" tab

You will then see under 15.2...

Android:

or APK install: ARM – x86

[help]

Download the ARM one

If you are currently using the MyGica Edition of KODI, you will have to uninstall it first before installing the Play Store version.

If you dont want to lose your add ons etc, then just use the KODI Program Add On called "BACKUP"

It is a Program add on that can be found under the Official Kodi Repo

I tried installing Isengard on my new MyGica 1200. It worked fine over HDMI, but the box went to a black screen with diagonal grey lines moving across it when I tried using the yellow/Composite/RCA video output. Does Isengard work with this output? I need to get it working for my old CRT in my bedroom.

I tried installing Helix, and it worked, but it only showed a square of the top left hand corner of the video zoomed in. This even occurred in the MyGica version of Helix, though it may go away when I upgrade the firmware for the device. The Gotham version of MyGica XBMC did not have this issue.

Thanks.

Edit:

With Kodi version 16 beta, Jarvis, my video goes to black and white, until I reboot the box, or set the CVBS mode setting to 480 in the setup app that comes with the device. This video displays properly in Kodi 16 with Amlogic enabled, other then playing in black and white.

I believe this may be an issue with the default skin of version 15 and 16 being too high a resolution to play back on my old TV. Is there anyway to change the default skin resolution to a lower resolution, or does anyone know a skin that won't have this issue?

Additional edit:

After entering Kodi 16 and the video output goes black and white, if I hit the home key to get back to the home screen, go to the CVBS setting in the MyGica settings app and hit 480i, and then go back to Kodi, everything works. I'll use this workaround for now. Thanks.

I tried installing Isengard on my new MyGica 1200. It worked fine over HDMI, but the box went to a black screen with diagonal grey lines moving across it when I tried using the yellow/Composite/RCA video output. Does Isengard work with this output? I need to get it working for my old CRT in my bedroom.

I tried installing Helix, and it worked, but it only showed a square of the top left hand corner of the video zoomed in. This even occurred in the MyGica version of Helix, though it may go away when I upgrade the firmware for the device. The Gotham version of MyGica XBMC did not have this issue.

Thanks.

Edit:

With Kodi version 16 beta, Jarvis, my video goes to black and white, until I reboot the box, or set the CVBS mode setting to 480 in the setup app that comes with the device. This video displays properly in Kodi 16 with Amlogic enabled, other then playing in black and white.

I believe this may be an issue with the default skin of version 15 and 16 being too high a resolution to play back on my old TV. Is there anyway to change the default skin resolution to a lower resolution, or does anyone know a skin that won't have this issue?

Additional edit:

After entering Kodi 16 and the video output goes black and white, if I hit the home key to get back to the home screen, go to the CVBS setting in the MyGica settings app and hit 480i, and then go back to Kodi, everything works. I'll use this workaround for now. Thanks.

Thanks for sharing your feedback and how you were able to get it to work.