Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

jjf21

ATV1950 Quad Core Gold

On 12/30/2016 at 6:30 PM, edit4ever said:

@MyGica Support - as an FYI, I believe the engineers used the Mxl603 tuners in the ATV1950.  I would suggest changing those to the Mxl608 tuners to improve reception issues.  If you want to create an Mxl608 addon board, I'd be happy to test it on my 1950. :)

We have decided not to go forward on production of the 1950
We have moved onto the 1960 now using the S912 chipset.  So I don't think an add on board is possible.

I will check to see what version of Max Linear tuner we are using.

On 3/29/2017 at 6:59 PM, kahlilj said:

I have just recently discovered this device.  Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.  So is this unit not going to be sold?  Still being tested?  Any update?

The 1960 is not yet available.

On 4/24/2017 at 0:22 AM, kahlilj said:

is the 1950 available?  When will the 1960 be ready to sell?

The 1950 is not being made now, instead we are making the 1960

The 1960 without a TV tuner will be available in June.

On 5/1/2017 at 11:47 AM, Justin said:

The 1950 is not being made now, instead we are making the 1960

The 1960 without a TV tuner will be available in June.

That's just it Justin -  WE WANT the tuner built in.  Is Mygica not going to offer a product with this feature at all?

On 5/6/2017 at 1:22 PM, kahlilj said:

That's just it Justin -  WE WANT the tuner built in.  Is Mygica not going to offer a product with this feature at all?

I posted about this on a different thread.

Dual Tuner 1960 will be available in June or July, as there is still lots of work needed to make this work properly.

On 8/2/2017 at 7:38 PM, edit4ever said:

Any updates on the ATV1960 or ATV1965??  I'm happy to purchase a beta test version. :-)

1960 is coming in September, but it won't have ATSC Tuner at all
It will be S912 with 3GB Ram and 16GB Internal Memory.

As for model with ATSC Tuner, this has been delayed

I currently do not have any dates for this.

Hi Justin,

So now its September. And I see this link

https://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-list...4839725&sr=1-3

Picture shows the RF input but no mention of dual tuner and the Geniatech web site confirms - no dual tuner.

I have been waiting for over a year since the launch of a dual  DVB-T/T2  tuner TV Box to be available. Let down again. Grrr.

But wait,  https://www.geniatech.com/product/atv1962/

So do I get my hopes up all over again that a dual tuner TV box now called ATV 1962 is coming?

Will it be this year? This decade?

Geoff,

Here for north america, we have never been satisfied with the quality of the dual tuner system. The issues that we are trying to overcome, in their current condition, are not worth putting out in this state. 

We too dream of a proper functioning dual tuner, and certainly have not given up. We hope to have something down the pipeline that works how we want it to.

On 9/12/2017 at 11:39 AM, MyGica Support said:

Geoff,

Here for north america, we have never been satisfied with the quality of the dual tuner system. The issues that we are trying to overcome, in their current condition, are not worth putting out in this state. 

We too dream of a proper functioning dual tuner, and certainly have not given up. We hope to have something down the pipeline that works how we want it to.

I just want to add to this post

When it comes to TV Tuner products, we only work on ATSC.
As I work in Canada and help handle North America.

I am not familiar with DVB-T2, so I will need to get up to date with the MyGica DVB-T2 products and then I can re-post a status update

I do know that we changed the model #s for the Dual Tuner products which will now be ATV 1962.  So I can confirm the link that you posted is correct.

But as 'MyGica Support" mentioned, we are still not satisfied with the progress on Dual Tuner for ATSC, so therefore that is why we have not released it yet.