Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

fluffiestolive

WWE Network, UFC Fight Pass (And other streaming apps)

Hi guys,

I've had this problem for a while and tried a bunch of ways to get it to work, including using different browsers etc instead of the app, but for the life of me I cannot get the WWE network to play any videos! I can browse it OK, and the pre-video PG thing plays, but the video itself never plays! I had the same problem with apps like UFC Fight Pass and TVCatchup, but I believe some of them were fixed with a firmware update.

I ended up buying another brand of an Android TV box and it won't even let me install apps such as WWE Network , or UFC Fight Pass. (I'm not hugely upset as I wanted a second box for another TV anyway)

Is this a common problem, or has anyone gotten these apps to work? Perhaps with older versions of the app, and if so where can I find these?

The main issue with paid apps such as WWE Network and UFC Fight Pass, Crave TV, Shomi etc.

Is they all have DRM License(Digital Rights Management) required in order for them to work.

They normally use such DRM's as Play Ready, Widevine or Marlin

So usually what happens when you try to view video on these apps, is the video will play for about 5-10 seconds and then stop, or it does not work at all.

This is because the app is checking the device for DRM license

After a lot of reading I found this out. We have all 3 of these licenses, but we do not use them in our current Firmware on any of our models.

I am currently looking at how to add these to our current Quad Core models, but it will require a lot of testing on our end first.

Also a lot of these apps dont work on rooted devices either, so we would have to unroot as well.