Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ehsantl

new device to replace ATV1200

hi guys

I've been using my ATV1200 for last two years and love it. I use Kodi now and use the device just for video stream. The internet connection is wireless/wifi.

Now I'm finding the device a bit slow and wifi connection is not perfect (speed). Just wonder what would be the best/most powerful device to buy from gica?

I've been looking at:

ATV1800E

and ATV1900

don't know which one is better for my situation (price doesn't really matter)

Any advice?

Cheers

ATV1800 is pretty much solid, bugs worked out. Been on the market well over a year.

ATV1900 uses newer technology like google voice search, but still has it's issues.

I like the ATV1900 better, but it still has it's issues. Some people aren't patient and that is understandable.

http://www.mygica.tv

Not a lot of difference, speed wise, but it does have more features. Lollipop, voice search, atsc tuner, etc. Don't forget that there are other boxes with some of the same performance options that are half the price (for example the Google Nexus Player has voice search and Lollipop) but are much less customizable. I had the Nexus and sold it. No USB, wifi only, can't easily side load, you get the idea.

My first box was the 1200. I'm trying to keep 1200s going for friends but they're... Just...so...slow..... now.

My advice would to get a box with a good history (look at the forums for complaints) that isn't obsolete yet. My 380 is trucking along and only cost me $99 plus tax at Canada Computers last Boxing Day.