Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

JohnnyGuitar

Saving subtitles to SMB share?

I've got Kodi set up to stream videos from an SMB share on my PC. No matter what I try, I just can't get downloaded subtitles to save to the SMB source. I've got "save subtitles next to file", I've got write permissions on the share, I've even put "everyone" with full NTFS control on the folder... Nothing.

Has anyone managed to get that working?

I've got Kodi set up to stream videos from an SMB share on my PC. No matter what I try, I just can't get downloaded subtitles to save to the SMB source. I've got "save subtitles next to file", I've got write permissions on the share, I've even put "everyone" with full NTFS control on the folder... Nothing.

Has anyone managed to get that working?

Sorry I am not familiar with this

Can anybody help with this?

Might also help to post this at the Official Kodi site as well http://kodi.tv

To get a quicker answer

I managed to find something by googling...

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=220225

According to that forum thread, the issue is with Kodi 14.x and SMB 3.0, which Windows 8.1 (what I have) uses.

Looks like I now have to wait for a new firmware with Kodi 15...

You can uninstall current 14.x and install KODI 15.2 from Play Store\

Our new Firmware updates will have KODI 15.2 but it will only install if you factory reset, as we are trying to avoid overwriting KODI anymore.

Once you have the PlayStore version of KODI, any time they have an update, it will not over write your addons and user data.

Oooh. I didn't know that was possible - I though it's a very special MyGica edition of Kodi made to work with the box, and the regular ones wouldn't behave.

I'll try it as soon as I can and report back, thank you :)

Well... My Kodi is now destroyed, and the box is basically bricked to the point of where I have to unplug the power.

The moment I start Kodi, my TV (good ol' CRT - you remember that!) loses image. I can't do anything any more at that point.

So now I have to do a factory reset... And set up everything again from scratch, which is particularly fun when I get to input my 20-character wifi password, as that by itself takes a solid 5 minutes or so...

:(

I guess the version from Play Store cannot work with this box, just like I initially thought.

In the words of the great Adam Jensen: "I never asked for this". Remind me never to try that again :)