Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

canscot

Problem with the latest Kodi

I have just deleted XBMC and downloaded the latest Kodi to MyGica 1800

So far I love the new system, EXCEPT for one thing. Every time I fire it up, a scanner starts and downloads a bunch of garbage (to me anyway). I cannot stop the scanner and I do not want what it delivers to Movies, Recent add ons. If I cannot control the scan, I do not want it.

Please tell me how to remove (or at least disable) this scanner and also please tell me how to permanently delete the contents of "Recently Added" wherever they may be in the system. I how have tons of stuff comprised of dozens of duplicate entries.

Regards,

Robert.

I have just deleted XBMC and downloaded the latest Kodi to MyGica 1800

So far I love the new system, EXCEPT for one thing. Every time I fire it up, a scanner starts and downloads a bunch of garbage (to me anyway). I cannot stop the scanner and I do not want what it delivers to Movies, Recent add ons. If I cannot control the scan, I do not want it.

Please tell me how to remove (or at least disable) this scanner and also please tell me how to permanently delete the contents of "Recently Added" wherever they may be in the system. I how have tons of stuff comprised of dozens of duplicate entries.

Regards,

Robert.

Are you referring to the new option that scans for updates for all of your add ons?

Not sure I'm good enough to answer. I can tell you that the scanner started as soon as Kodi was downloaded and opened, so I think you are right. I had not installed any add ons at that point. Nothing it produced had anything to do with any add ons I had previously anyway. Mostly it was kids anime or English soccer videos, plus king of thrones games. When I tried to open one of those videos, there was nothing there. For the moment I have avoided using "Movies" since that is where all this stuff is, under "Recently Added"

Now, I have just noticed that when I checked the heading to make sure of titles etc., the scanner does not fire up, but I'm left with a lot of soccer / children's stuff that I do not know how to completely erase. I would like to know how to permanently delete the contents of the "Recently added" folder and also how to get control of the scanner.

Regards,

Rob.

Not sure I'm good enough to answer. I can tell you that the scanner started as soon as Kodi was downloaded and opened, so I think you are right. I had not installed any add ons at that point. Nothing it produced had anything to do with any add ons I had previously anyway. Mostly it was kids anime or English soccer videos, plus king of thrones games. When I tried to open one of those videos, there was nothing there. For the moment I have avoided using "Movies" since that is where all this stuff is, under "Recently Added"

Now, I have just noticed that when I checked the heading to make sure of titles etc., the scanner does not fire up, but I'm left with a lot of soccer / children's stuff that I do not know how to completely erase. I would like to know how to permanently delete the contents of the "Recently added" folder and also how to get control of the scanner.

Regards,

Rob.

This will explain how to manage all of your add ons. Including deleting

http://kodi.wiki/view/Add-on_manager

As for the scanner, it is an added feature in KODI 15.XX, will have to see if there is a way to turn it off