Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

glchud

1800E

I am still running the Firmware from February 2015. My box is running just fine so have hesitated to upgrade to newer firmware. What would I gain by upgrading?? Thanks for any help

I now keep getting a message to upgrade OTA.. To do this do I need to be running a certain version. I last upgraded in Feb 2015.

I now keep getting a message to upgrade OTA.. To do this do I need to be running a certain version. I last upgraded in Feb 2015.

No you do not need to be on a certain version to take the OTA upgrade.

You can simply upgrade from your February version

Thank you, Justin

I did not take the OTA upgrade so I am still running the firmware from Feb 2015. How do I now upgrade to the most current firmware.

I'm doing this rom memory so bear with me...

In the "settings" portion or of the menu there should be a "software update" button.

Go from Automatic to Manual and force it to look. If it says "No Updates" wait a few hours or even the next day and try again. You will eventually get the 20151201 updates.

Thank you, Justin

I did not take the OTA upgrade so I am still running the firmware from Feb 2015. How do I now upgrade to the most current firmware.

Which model # of MyGica are you using?

Thank you, Justin

Ummmm.... His header says "1800E". :D

Thank you, Justin

I am running the 1800E model

In the "settings" portion or of the menu there should be a "software update" button.

Go from Automatic to Manual and force it to look. If it says "No Updates" wait a few hours or even the next day and try again. You will eventually get the 20151201 updates.

All I have is "automatic " or "local" If I change to local I get nothing.

You can turn off automatic

And check manually for an update.

Thanks Justin. I have tried the manual update but I get service failed so will try in a few hours and again tomorrow. Hopefully I get it at some point. Thanks for your help.

[

Thanks Justin. I have tried the manual update but I get service failed so will try in a few hours and again tomorrow. Hopefully I get it at some point. Thanks for your help.

I keep getting service failed each time and have tried numerous times over the last few days.

I have been trying to do a manual update but am having no luck. I keep getting a message saying a newer version is not found. I am currently running the Feb 2015 version with Kodi 14.1. Can someone please advise what I can do to get the latest firmware version. Thanks

To keep it simple, look under "Downloads" in the 1800s section. I'm not going to bother retyping it here...

J

Help. I did the above and got an update. I Tried to install and while it began it all of a sudden stopped. I now get a screen that says Android recover and gives me a number of options. It also indicated that it failed to mount and there was a bad boot sector. I tried to reboot the system but after the 4x/8x screen it brings me back to the android recovery screen.

What do I or can I do now???

Help. I did the above and got an update. I Tried to install and while it began it all of a sudden stopped. I now get a screen that says Android recover and gives me a number of options. It also indicated that it failed to mount and there was a bad boot sector. I tried to reboot the system but after the 4x/8x screen it brings me back to the android recovery screen.

I got things back but now want to get the most recent firmware. I found it by doing the manual update but it has now been downloading for almost 2 hours. I am thinking it's not working or is this normal? How long should the download take??

What do I or can I do now???

I was able to figure this out but now have a new issue. See new string re HDMI issue.

why doesn't mygica give me all the tv shows anymore by year

This sounds like an issue you are having with an app your using or add on within kodi

Lately a few KODI add ons have stopped getting support, and therefore some parts of the KODI add on have stopped working.