Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

franklinvu

atv1200 Bricked after firmware flash

@alfonso

Here is the detailed process to fix your problem.

Dead/red light box

Basically it involves formatting an SD card to be bootable using the tools (and instructions) from the http://www.sendspace.com/file/kr3wta link and formatting the SD card with the uboot_MX.bin file on it.

Then download & extract the MyGica file http://update.mygica.cn/MX_4.1/Mygic...s_20140512.zip, and put the following files on the SD card: (or maybe you could use a previous firmware version?)

factory_update_param.aml

factory_update_param.ubt

how to update 4.2 on 4.1 platform.txt

recovery.img

spi_MX.bin

update_MyGica_4.2_20140519_kr34.img

Above works so prepare your sd card.

This worked for me, but I had to do some extra things to make it boot from the SD card.

You have to open the box, 2 little phillips on the bottom of the device and three on the back top edge.

Then you short the middle 2 pins with a small pillips screw driver LATER, see image: http://i.imgur.com/3WEhxnZ.jpg?1

Ok.

Insert the sd card, have only the HDMI cable connected to the box at this point. POWER OFF/OUT.

Now short the 2 pins and hold it. Press the small reset button with a tooth pick or so and hold it too. now have someone plug the power in.

Wait until the led's light up (3-8 seconds) and that they go from red to green, green to red blinking. Now let go of the screwdriver and tooth pick.

Do not touch anything. There will be no picture on the screen at this moment After 2-5 minutes it will come to life and it will install itself.

Just wait untill the thing is done. And.... voila a new box. 4.2.2 works way better.

Hope this helps.

Richard :mrgreen:

Hi richard , coud you draw or signalice over the images of link how unbrick mygica atv 1200 from inside, thanks...

*** Out Side Links are not allowed ***

Hello i tried the instructions but nothing works.

Whats happen?

when i hold the Reset Button and use the screwdriver its blinking and when it stays green i let go the tooth pick and screwdriver.

I have wait over 30 Minutes but nothing still work, the Picture is only Black.

I use 2 different 8GB SD Cards and Format it with the mygica tool.

somebody wrote its better with 2 GB SD Card?

Have somebody a Sulotion?

I cant belive it doenst work, because the green light is working.

it seems no one is listening and they are still trying to fix the issue,

some boxes are soft bricked which could be fixed by reload the software with bootloader SD card that you could create no need to open the box,

if that don't work your box is toast and need a chip replacement, must send in no way around it

i am closing this post

and people if more outside link you will be banned