Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

ratmycue

reboot

I loaded chrisB {beast} today and now I have a constant working circle, any help in rebooting would be great. I cannot get back to the main page, when I power back on I get to IMDB / sort method / popularity page and a working circle. I just want to reboot back to a clean slate!! Any help would be appreciated.

So I powered off and finally got back to the root menu and wiped out my previous Chris B beast download, Time to start all over again. Won't be loading that again.

Please excuse this Newbie for horning in on this conversation but I too find The Beast to be rather beastly. It's there and it is sort of running but not well, Bits of it like "Video" seem to be missing, addons do not appear to be running and streams are difficult to find. Is there a quick and simple way for me to uninstall/remove it from my 1800e?

The quickest/easiest way is to simply clear Kodi from the Android/Settings/More Settings/Apps/Running/ then look for Kodi and clear all data, and then clear cache. That way when you re-run Kodi it will be a new install.

Thanks wjw, I shall give it a try.

And just to clarify, you're simply clearing the cache, not uninstalling anything...

It took me a while, Newbie remember, but it worked. When I installed The Beast I must have done something wrong because it put itself in my TVMC folder (right word?) so when I cleared out Kodi much of the Beast remained. It took a while but the I figured out that it was TVMC that I needed to clear. That worked great, in fact when I checked to see if The Beast was gone the TVAddons install menu popped up and a few minutes later I was back in business. My guess is that my problems with The Beast stemmed from it installing on top of my TVMC.

Thanks for the help!

It took me a while, Newbie remember, but it worked. When I installed The Beast I must have done something wrong because it put itself in my TVMC folder (right word?) so when I cleared out Kodi much of the Beast remained. It took a while but the I figured out that it was TVMC that I needed to clear. That worked great, in fact when I checked to see if The Beast was gone the TVAddons install menu popped up and a few minutes later I was back in business. My guess is that my problems with The Beast stemmed from it installing on top of my TVMC.

Thanks for the help!

Good to hear that you got it wrong

Thanks to the other members on here for helping with this to

Let us know if you need help with anything else

I don't have install from repo from file manager! I have enabled add ons- disabled add ons and only install from zip. I have done a fresh install, but it will not show, I have tried, a fresh start. I am running version 14.2 of Kodi, I tried to update to 15.2, I get to the android man circling it goes all the way but says failed to update!!! any help appreciated.

Ok now I'm confused :shock:

Did you go into...

Android page/Settings/More Settings/Apps/

Then, did you uninstall Kodi 14.2 from there?

Or did you try to simply clear data/clear cache which would in effect give you a "clean" version of 14.2 again....