Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

dng123

ATV582 V ATV585

I recently purchased new an ATV582 it went faulty and was replaced with an ATV585. I was told that they are both the same (identical) but they are not. Can you please tell me which is the better/new flagship model? I have e-mailed MyGiga in China but they have failed to respond.

Cheers Dave

I recently purchased new an ATV582 it went faulty and was replaced with an ATV585. I was told that they are both the same (identical) but they are not. Can you please tell me which is the better/new flagship model? I have e-mailed MyGiga in China but they have failed to respond.

Cheers Dave

ATV 585 uses the S805 Chipset from AMlogic which is Quad Core and it also uses a Quad Core GPU.

It is a little slower then 582

ATV 582 uses the S802 Chipset from AMLogic, which is Quad Core as well and uses an Octa Core GPU

It is faster then the 585. So therefore it is a better model then the 585

Who replaced the 582 for you with a 585?

The store that I originally purchased it from on Gozo/Malta. I have recently been back to the store and told them I was not happy with the performance of the ATV585 and wanted an ATV582 because that was what I had originally paid for. Very briefly the store then gave me some inferior second-hand/used device that did not even fit inside the ATV582 box, on examination when I turned it over all the security, model & serial number idents had been taken from an ATV582 & re-stuck on the device, they were all dog eared, creased and lifting at the edges. That was when I e-mailed the manufacturer but they did not respond. Cheers Dave.

The store that I originally purchased it from on Gozo/Malta. I have recently been back to the store and told them I was not happy with the performance of the ATV585 and wanted an ATV582 because that was what I had originally paid for. Very briefly the store then gave me some inferior second-hand/used device that did not even fit inside the ATV582 box, on examination when I turned it over all the security, model & serial number idents had been taken from an ATV582 & re-stuck on the device, they were all dog eared, creased and lifting at the edges. That was when I e-mailed the manufacturer but they did not respond. Cheers Dave.

I would complain with the store you purchased from to give you exactly what you paid for, if not then ask for a refund.

Sorry I have not heard of this store before, are they in a different country?

After I received your answer yesterday I once again complained to the store and I was told that they are trying to locate one from Malta. They now agree that the ATV582 is a better model but they sold the 582 to me in error because it is more expensive. I have said that is your problem and you have been deceitful; if I do not get what I originally purchased I will inform Trading Standards. I have not given you the name of the store yet but Malta & Gozo are European Countries.

Cheers Dave.

Just been back to the store and they have requested another few days to try and locate an ATV582 for me, I cannot really see the difficulty in getting a new replacement but I have agreed because they said they will give me a full refund or credit note if one cannot be found. I will keep you posted.

Cheers Dave

Telephoned the store this evening and they could still not provide me with a brand new ATV582 so I got a full refund.

Thank you for all your help and assistance it was greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Dave

Telephoned the store this evening and they could still not provide me with a brand new ATV582 so I got a full refund.

Thank you for all your help and assistance it was greatly appreciated.

Kind regards Dave

Ok thanks for letting us know

Sorry you did not get what you paid for, at least you got a refund.

On 3/9/2017 at 7:52 PM, Raldo Tromp said:

Amlogic has released Android 5.0 SDK for Amlogic S805. So why is there no firmware update to Android 5.0 (Lollipop) for the MyGica ATV585 yet?

That version is over 2 years old and no longer maintained by Amlogic

It is basically an Alpha version of Android 5.0