Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

bazso

520e 4.2.2 firmware update issue

Hi, I have just updated my 520e from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and followed the instruction to the letter. After the successful update I went for the restart the box and since then all I get it the red status led on the box. It does not do anything else.

I tried to hold the reset button for 10 seconds after powering it up but still nothing. I cannot do anything with the box. It just sits with the red status led and that is it.

Please help. I don't understand why a supported update would kill my box like this.

Hi, I have just updated my 520e from 4.2.1 to 4.2.2 and followed the instruction to the letter. After the successful update I went for the restart the box and since then all I get it the red status led on the box. It does not do anything else.

I tried to hold the reset button for 10 seconds after powering it up but still nothing. I cannot do anything with the box. It just sits with the red status led and that is it.

Please help. I don't understand why a supported update would kill my box like this.

When you did the update from 4.1 to 4.2 you said you restart the box?

This update is designed to restart itself, it takes about 7-10 minutes to fully install.

All you have to do is have all of the correct files on the root of an SD card, hold down the reset button, plug in the power and hold the reset button for 10 seconds. Then just let it do everything.

If you interrupt this process while it is updating, then it will Brick your box and you will have a Red light, or if you did not put all 5 files onto the root of the SD card, you can brick the box as well.

Hi Justin,

After updating box, which was around 10 mins, the box defaulted back to the boot load and had options available such as restart, reset to default, wipe partition etc.. this is where I selected the restart. The bottom of the screen said update was complete.

I don't think that I interrupted the process.

I am sure that I did not put any files onto the root of the SD card, I just copied the img file from here (http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 0_KR60.zip) on the SD card. So that might be the issue then.

So what are those 5 files are you referring to?

Hi Justin,

After updating box, which was around 10 mins, the box defaulted back to the boot load and had options available such as restart, reset to default, wipe partition etc.. this is where I selected the restart. The bottom of the screen said update was complete.

I don't think that I interrupted the process.

I am sure that I did not put any files onto the root of the SD card, I just copied the img file from here (http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 0_KR60.zip) on the SD card. So that might be the issue then.

So what are those 5 files are you referring to?

I was referring to this

viewtopic.php?f=93&t=1948

The file you installed was already a 4.2 file, so what it sounds like you did was install a 4.2 firmware file onto a 4.1 box.

You must upgrade to 4.2 first before you install any new 4.2 files.

This is why your box has become bricked

Well, you did not really help me solving the issue. Like I said in my initial post my box was already 4.2.1.

I solved it myself based on this http://www.mygicasupport.com/viewtopic. ... 4&start=30

The box in ubricked now and working fine with 4.2.2.

Ok sorry for the confusion

At least you got the box unbricked now and got it working again.