Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

chrisjw

this product is not for the general public

just got the ATV 585 last night at a mainstream retailer here in Toronto...is this product for regular people? or just propeller heads?

There are two "quick start/installation" guides in the box, but neither mentions that you have to insert the USB dongle into the device to get the remote to work!! really?? I must have purchased 20 products in my life that have remotes, and this is the first one that needs a dongle to make the remote work! I know I am more tech savvy than 80% of the people who shop at that store; they are going to get flooded with returns of your product.

Could not get the pre-installed Nexflix to work. After I put in my creds (no error messages), and tried to launch it from the MyGica menu; it just showed the "clock" rotating for about 20 seconds, and then back to MyGica menu. I double checked my password; went into settings and deleted user data from the Netflix app; went through the same process with the same result.

I then went to Google play store, updated the Netflix app (I did NOT re-enter my creds at this point) and then Netflix launched fine.

But it seems there is no fast-forward or rewind!!!! Did going to the Google play store get me the wrong version of Netflix??

This product reminds me of PCs before Windows, and the internet before browsers; it's just not ready for the general public.

just got the ATV 585 last night at a mainstream retailer here in Toronto...is this product for regular people? or just propeller heads?

There are two "quick start/installation" guides in the box, but neither mentions that you have to insert the USB dongle into the device to get the remote to work!! really?? I must have purchased 20 products in my life that have remotes, and this is the first one that needs a dongle to make the remote work! I know I am more tech savvy than 80% of the people who shop at that store; they are going to get flooded with returns of your product.

Could not get the pre-installed Nexflix to work. After I put in my creds (no error messages), and tried to launch it from the MyGica menu; it just showed the "clock" rotating for about 20 seconds, and then back to MyGica menu. I double checked my password; went into settings and deleted user data from the Netflix app; went through the same process with the same result.

I then went to Google play store, updated the Netflix app (I did NOT re-enter my creds at this point) and then Netflix launched fine.

But it seems there is no fast-forward or rewind!!!! Did going to the Google play store get me the wrong version of Netflix??

This product reminds me of PCs before Windows, and the internet before browsers; it's just not ready for the general public.

We have been using this manual for the last 6 months in all of our boxes

http://www.mygica.tv/manuals.php?model=ATV-585

On page 5 of the manual, it states where to plug in the USB.

So only thing I can think of is the retailer you purchased from has old stock and using our old manuals. We updated all of our manuals for all of our models to be in bigger font size, full color and in more detail for all new customers.

I will make note from now on to have all of the apps updated to the latest version on all of our new shipments, to avoid having issues for first time buyers in the future. This is in regards to Netflix.

There is only 1 version of Netflix for this box, so if you updated it from the Playstore, then it is the latest one.

We updated all of our manuals for all of our models to be in bigger font size

That is the tip-off that I got older stock; because the font was insanely small; didn't mention it in my first post because I thought I was being bitchy enough.

Back to Netflix....Is there really no fast-forward or rewind??

I'll probably play with this thing a bit more just for shiggles; but if it can't do NetFlix as well as my $50 "smart" BluRay player, it going to have to go back.

We updated all of our manuals for all of our models to be in bigger font size

That is the tip-off that I got older stock; because the font was insanely small; didn't mention it in my first post because I thought I was being bitchy enough.

Back to Netflix....Is there really no fast-forward or rewind??

I'll probably play with this thing a bit more just for shiggles; but if it can't do NetFlix as well as my $50 "smart" BluRay player, it going to have to go back.

The problem with the Netflix app, is it is built for Tablets and Smartphones with touch screen devices.

Right now to rewind/ffwd you need a mouse.

I am still trying every week to get in contact with Netflix directly to become certified and get use of there TV app. But no luck yet.

Will have to visit them at CES in a month to get this done.