Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

WanderLust

AV Out

Hi, folks. New to this forum and well . . . completely new to this gear (no, I don't own one of these units yet), so forgive me if this is a stupid question. The A/V out . . . can it be used for just the audio component? I ask because my surround sys only takes RCA ins. Essentially it's a glorified SS for a PC, but since I have a small telly room, it does the trick, was cheap as hell, and well, I don't have a lot of dosh to spare to replace it. I plug R and L RCA into it and get simulated surround.

So, I'll be using the HDMI out to telly, and the A/V out to send audio only to my SS. Again, my apologies if a doltish question. >:P

Yours,

WL

Edit: I guess what I'm asking is will using the HDMI port cancel out the A/V port or vice versa?

22 views and not one response? Didn't think it was that far out a question, but then I suppose most folks are hooking up with HDMI and using composite (RCA) cables isn't even on their radar. Still, I'm hoping someone chimes in.

Right now this is not possible.

I can ask if it is possible though and post back here.

Not sure I fully understand your post. Why is it not possible? Do you mean it might be possible in the future? Bit confused.

I use HDMI on my PC and with RCA sound when testing my 1800e after a new firmware and can cofirm it works. Hope that is the answer to your question WanderLust?

FBN

I use HDMI on my PC and with RCA sound when testing my 1800e after a new firmware and can cofirm it works. Hope that is the answer to your question WanderLust?

FBN

I think so, but why do you use the HDMI and the RCA audio, out of curiosity? Are you sure the HDMI isn't feeding both the video and audio?

I meant to say I hook up to my PC monitor and connect RCA audio to my PC amplified speakers. All are disconnected from the desktop PC and reconnected to the ATV1800E.

FBN

Ah . . . gotcha. Cheers. One would think it should work in all their models then, but then again . . . Thanks for the info, pard.

Interesting blither about the very thing on this amazon page. Seems they're going to discontinue the ability to do this very thing? Wonder why?

The RCA audio output does work with HDMI connected to TV with current and previous versions. Verified and tested on boxes (Aug 18, 2015) with Build #V002M801_20150321 Model Number XS. Android Version 4.4.2. Manufacturer answered it will be removed in the next gen so the current and previous generation do work. Prior to ordering, you can confirm with seller that the box shipped has this feature/function

http://www.amazon.com/MyGica-ATV-1800e- ... B00QSKF7EK

Hope I'm not breaking any rules posting this link.

I have the HDMI connected to the TV, and the audio only RCS cables connected to my surround sound system. I do get sound, but only on one side :/

On 1/3/2017 at 8:04 AM, SMARITZ said:

I have the HDMI connected to the TV, and the audio only RCS cables connected to my surround sound system. I do get sound, but only on one side :/

We have our firmware setup to only work for both Video and Sound at the same time on either RCA or HDMI, you cannot mix the 2.

Which means you cannot use HDMI for Video and RCA for Audio.