Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Eponymous77

MyGica 1200 issue with shows stopping mid play

Hi there, I'm a new user and I've been having problems trying to watch anything on this box. I have XBMC Frodo installed on MyGica 1200 and when I try to watch anything, movie or TV show, I get half way through and the show just stops. I've looked on the forums and applied several of the suggested advancedsettings.xml file solutions in case it's a buffering issue however none of the .xml files have resolved the problem so i'm not sure at this time that it really is a buffering issue.

So I did some more hunting and searching and found posting's regarding reseating the wireless antenna to resolve the issue. The only video's I found with instructions were for the older MyGica's with internal antenna's and they moved the antenna to the front of the box and that seemed to fix their issue. I hesitate to take my 1200 apart, it has an external antenna and it should would hope it would be alright. Shouldn't it?

I am in a position where wireless N really is my best solution, I do understand hard wiring is preferred but it is not a good option for me. I purchased a D-Link wireless repeater and it works like a charm for all of my other wireless devices. I placed the MyGica 1200 4 feet away from the repeater so the signal should be adequate.

It is extremely frustrating getting half way through a good show and getting the "lost Source" error. I have been trying to watch a show all the way through for about 4 weeks now and i've only accomplished it once. One night took me 5 hours to watch one episode of Sons of Anarchy because of the show just stopping randomly. Sometimes it just stops and you're looking at a freeze frame of the show, other times it stops and kicks you back to the file source page and you can't reconnect right away, other times you are able to "resume where it stopped" sometimes you cant. I've tried different sources like IceFilms, Mashup, 1Channel, etc ... grrrr... :(

I don't know if i'm dealing with a hardware or software configuration issue at this point....

Any configuration advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Please if anyone can help I would really appreciate your advice before I give up and pack it in.

Hi there, I'm a new user and I've been having problems trying to watch anything on this box. I have XBMC Frodo installed on MyGica 1200 and when I try to watch anything, movie or TV show, I get half way through and the show just stops. I've looked on the forums and applied several of the suggested advancedsettings.xml file solutions in case it's a buffering issue however none of the .xml files have resolved the problem so i'm not sure at this time that it really is a buffering issue.

So I did some more hunting and searching and found posting's regarding reseating the wireless antenna to resolve the issue. The only video's I found with instructions were for the older MyGica's with internal antenna's and they moved the antenna to the front of the box and that seemed to fix their issue. I hesitate to take my 1200 apart, it has an external antenna and it should would hope it would be alright. Shouldn't it?

I am in a position where wireless N really is my best solution, I do understand hard wiring is preferred but it is not a good option for me. I purchased a D-Link wireless repeater and it works like a charm for all of my other wireless devices. I placed the MyGica 1200 4 feet away from the repeater so the signal should be adequate.

It is extremely frustrating getting half way through a good show and getting the "lost Source" error. I have been trying to watch a show all the way through for about 4 weeks now and i've only accomplished it once. One night took me 5 hours to watch one episode of Sons of Anarchy because of the show just stopping randomly. Sometimes it just stops and you're looking at a freeze frame of the show, other times it stops and kicks you back to the file source page and you can't reconnect right away, other times you are able to "resume where it stopped" sometimes you cant. I've tried different sources like IceFilms, Mashup, 1Channel, etc ... grrrr... :(

I don't know if i'm dealing with a hardware or software configuration issue at this point....

Any configuration advice or solutions would be greatly appreciated.

Please if anyone can help I would really appreciate your advice before I give up and pack it in.

May I ask which version of Android you are running on your ATV 1200, 4.1 or 4.2?

We would not suggest opening your box and moving your antenna, the info you found online about doing this was probably in regards to the ATV 520, which had wifi problems, and therefore the ATV 520E came out with an external wifi antenna.

Also since you are running Wireless N, have you turned on the Wireless N settings using the app Wifi Analyzer?

If you haven't, open up the APP Wifi Analyzer and you will have to turn on the 5.0GHZ wifi, in order for Wireless N to start working.

Another thing to keep in mind, is a lot of times it can be the server you are streaming from that could be giving you problems.

Can you please go into the settings menu of XBMC and Add ons, and under get Add ons, go to XBMC.org, under Video Add ons, install "Russia Today"

Once installed, open it and go to RT live, and stream the RT Global or any of there other streams listed, almost all of there streams are in 720P, try leaving it on there for at least 30 minutes.

If it stops streaming, and gives you the same error message, then sounds like you have a wifi problem, and I would suggest trying what I posted above.

Thank-you for the quick reply !!! :)

I will try what you suggested when I get home this evening and get back to you with my findings.

I do understand that a streaming server can cause problems, so each time this happens I do try a different file source and even different Add-on sources like 1channel or Mashup etc so I can eliminate that as an issue. I can honestly say I have tried to watch at least 25 - 30 movies or T.V shows over the past month and I have ever only successfully watched 1 from start to finish without it stopping.

I will get back to you this evening... Cheers !!!

Thank-you for the quick reply !!! :)

I will try what you suggested when I get home this evening and get back to you with my findings.

I do understand that a streaming server can cause problems, so each time this happens I do try a different file source and even different Add-on sources like 1channel or Mashup etc so I can eliminate that as an issue. I can honestly say I have tried to watch at least 25 - 30 movies or T.V shows over the past month and I have ever only successfully watched 1 from start to finish without it stopping.

I will get back to you this evening... Cheers !!!

Ok sounds good, let me know your findings.

Also another thing to suggest would be to try factory resetting your box, and re installing all your add ons etc into XBMC.

Good Morning,

My Gica's andriod version is 4.2.2

I have been watching RT America Live Auto for the past 20 minutes. It ran perfectly for the first 16 minutes. Then it started pausing to buffer ever few seconds. At approximately 22 minutes the show stopped and when I pressed plah it kicked me back to the menu where I selected RT America Live Auto. I left it alone for a few minutes and then went back into the program... it started up, and continues to pause, the buffer display comes up in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then starts playing again.

So, what would your suggestion be? could there be some buffer settings I could try in advancedsettings.xml (I am currently using Mikey1234 Advanced.xml ) or is it looking like a WiFi issue.

Another tid bit of information, I tried many times to watch episodes of Sons of Anarchy and Episodes of the TV show Rules of Engagement from several different sources with no success, it would stop and kick back the previous menu.

I did however successfully watch without any interuption whatsoever Twilight Breaking Dawn pt 2.

Strange indeed....

Good Morning,

My Gica's andriod version is 4.2.2

I have been watching RT America Live Auto for the past 20 minutes. It ran perfectly for the first 16 minutes. Then it started pausing to buffer ever few seconds. At approximately 22 minutes the show stopped and when I pressed plah it kicked me back to the menu where I selected RT America Live Auto. I left it alone for a few minutes and then went back into the program... it started up, and continues to pause, the buffer display comes up in the upper right hand corner of the screen and then starts playing again.

So, what would your suggestion be? could there be some buffer settings I could try in advancedsettings.xml (I am currently using Mikey1234 Advanced.xml ) or is it looking like a WiFi issue.

Another tid bit of information, I tried many times to watch episodes of Sons of Anarchy and Episodes of the TV show Rules of Engagement from several different sources with no success, it would stop and kick back the previous menu.

I did however successfully watch without any interuption whatsoever Twilight Breaking Dawn pt 2.

Strange indeed....

I would suggest starting fresh with your XBMC setup. There is no need to use other Advance Settings.

I would suggest backing up your add ons, and then uninstalling XBMC and re installing the latest version of Gotham 13.1.

Seems there is something wrong with your settings, which is causing this constant buffering.