Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kman

atv 582 crappy wifi speed.

Ok. I know this is not a new topic per se but how about a clear answer! My home had 60 mbps connectivity and I am getting that at my router. My wifi signal is awesome at the box. Full stars on every channel for wifi analyser. In extra settings android reports out excellent signal on my wifi with 72 mbps potential.

I get 2mbps on my box. I am getting sick of watching stop motion tv while this thing tries to buffer. So lets drop the pretense and admit there is a serious throughput problem ith the device. When the heck are we likely to see a fix? The long running "we are work8ng on it" is getting mighty tired.

been waiting for "a couple of days" since the end of August. I was really hoping to be able to use my boxes over the holidays but no go .. i have 250 Mbps service --and i get 1.2 Mbps over Ethernet and less than that over wifi... really not happy here.

I even tried the 5.02 beta in the hope it would resolve ongoing issues, but no...doesn't even support Ethernet and every action is painfully slow. Think I'm going to throw the 582 in the bin

I'm very new to this and have the 586...........exactly the same problem whether wifi or Ethernet - extremely crappy speed. Does anyone know how this can be fixed?

I discovered the following by accident and it has been a godsend. Hopefully, it works as well for you as it does for me...

Press and hold the alternate mouse button on your remote - not the OK button, not the back button, the one that looks like a pull-down menu (i.e. a box with a couple of horizontal lines through it) - for more than one second until a rocket-ship appears in the middle of the screen and blasts off out of the top of the screen. A message will appear indicating that a bunch of memory has been freed and performance has been improved by some percentage. In my case, with 60 Mb/s service and using the speedtest.net app (google play) for testing purposes, I can, in the middle of a speedtest download, fire off the rocket-ship and immediately see my download speed jump from a few Mb/s up to 30 Mb/s.

It seems as though as you run more and more apps that each one will hang on to some memory that doesn't get freed up when you close the app. It also seems as though the more free memory you have, the faster you can download stuff over wifi (I don't know if this applies to wired connections as well). From a practical perspective, you're going to want to fire off the rocket-ship when you're in the app that needs the high download speed (i.e. get in the habit of launching the rocket-ship immediately after launching Kodi).

You're welcome! Enjoy!

I discovered the following by accident and it has been a godsend. Hopefully, it works as well for you as it does for me...

Press and hold the alternate mouse button on your remote - not the OK button, not the back button, the one that looks like a pull-down menu (i.e. a box with a couple of horizontal lines through it) - for more than one second until a rocket-ship appears in the middle of the screen and blasts off out of the top of the screen. A message will appear indicating that a bunch of memory has been freed and performance has been improved by some percentage. In my case, with 60 Mb/s service and using the speedtest.net app (google play) for testing purposes, I can, in the middle of a speedtest download, fire off the rocket-ship and immediately see my download speed jump from a few Mb/s up to 30 Mb/s.

It seems as though as you run more and more apps that each one will hang on to some memory that doesn't get freed up when you close the app. It also seems as though the more free memory you have, the faster you can download stuff over wifi (I don't know if this applies to wired connections as well). From a practical perspective, you're going to want to fire off the rocket-ship when you're in the app that needs the high download speed (i.e. get in the habit of launching the rocket-ship immediately after launching Kodi).

You're welcome! Enjoy!

This really worked for me. Everyone having issues must do this. I can actually use my box now.

I am shocked at this to be honest.

It does work.

I have taking this to our team now, to see if there is a way to utilize this into our firmware without having to always press the button to clear the cache and apps etc.

Thanks for sharing it

You're welcome! Enjoy!

Thanks Flash. It works on the 585 as well. Got to be the most appropriate username ever!

I am shocked at this to be honest.

It does work.

I have taking this to our team now, to see if there is a way to utilize this into our firmware without having to always press the button to clear the cache and apps etc.

Thanks for sharing it

I discovered on my 585, under the advanced wifi settings, that wifi optimisation is by default on. Turning it off made a big difference to my wifi speed. Its meant for saving battery drain. Odd that it should be on for any of the Mygica Android boxes. To get to it goto More Settings, Wifi and click the three dots on top left. Then choose advanced. Together with activating the "rocket" mentioned here its made a big difference to my box.