Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

sdmacdonald

Buffering

On my MyGica ATV 585, I tried to watch a show and a movie (both at different times obviously). They both wouldn't even buffer at all really, the highest it got to was 2% buffer. I let it sit for 1 or 2 hours but the movie still was only at 1% buffer, so I couldn't watch it. I also tried to install buffer helpers, but neither of them worked. Any help/suggestions?

On my MyGica ATV 585, I tried to watch a show and a movie (both at different times obviously). They both wouldn't even buffer at all really, the highest it got to was 2% buffer. I let it sit for 1 or 2 hours but the movie still was only at 1% buffer, so I couldn't watch it. I also tried to install buffer helpers, but neither of them worked. Any help/suggestions?

Try a different link to stream the movie or tv show.

Most Movies/TV Shows will give you about 20+ links to stream from.

The past two days we tried to which an episode of a series. Wow and episode that is 45 min long took us 2 hours to watch. Kodi buffers all the time. I tried Indogo to clear the cache, with no sucess. It keeps buffering and then comes with the message Cache Buffer full. 

What next?

10 hours ago, Johann said:

The past two days we tried to which an episode of a series. Wow and episode that is 45 min long took us 2 hours to watch. Kodi buffers all the time. I tried Indogo to clear the cache, with no sucess. It keeps buffering and then comes with the message Cache Buffer full. 

What next?

here is the Raw truth;

When it comes to Kodi 3rd party add-on it is very hard to determine what is happening to shows and where are the actual problems, due to lack of info by 3rd party add-on developers. and where content being provided from, how many people are on that show at the times you are trying to watch. besides all this, it is 100% pirated content which we do not support. 

if you want true testing to use something like Crackle, YouTube app, or paid app like Hulu services. and check the connectivity. 

On 5/18/2017 at 1:54 AM, Johann said:

It seems like this is then a useless device as no help is available when you do have a problem

Your post was responded to in detail

So I am not sure why you think no help is available?

As responded previouly to try using youtube, I had no problem. Youtube did not even buffer for a second. Thus there is no problem with connectivity.  

11 hours ago, Johann said:

As responded previouly to try using youtube, I had no problem. Youtube did not even buffer for a second. Thus there is no problem with connectivity.  

You posted in the Openelec section

Are you using Android or Openelec on your ATV 585?

1 hour ago, Johann said:

I am using Android KitKat

Ok

If you have no issues with You Tube and other apps when it comes to buffering.
Then it is an issue with the links you are using on Kodi and not the actual device itself.