Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

micclear

No wifi after failed update?

Hello,

I recently bought a 585 on Black Friday and I am enjoying it so far. I was alerted to an update today so I proceeded to do it. While updating it froze and after consulting this forum some users recommended unplugging the power and it will continue. After I did this I went to continue and found I have no internet. Nothing connects, no KODI or Netlfix. It does still see the ssid however and I can download the update but it only gets to 5% then stops. I then went online to this website but the latest firmware download is corrupt apparently so I can't extract it. I would prefer not to factory reset but I need WiFi as I cannot get an Ethernet cable to it. Any tips to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

Hello,

I recently bought a 585 on Black Friday and I am enjoying it so far. I was alerted to an update today so I proceeded to do it. While updating it froze and after consulting this forum some users recommended unplugging the power and it will continue. After I did this I went to continue and found I have no internet. Nothing connects, no KODI or Netlfix. It does still see the ssid however and I can download the update but it only gets to 5% then stops. I then went online to this website but the latest firmware download is corrupt apparently so I can't extract it. I would prefer not to factory reset but I need WiFi as I cannot get an Ethernet cable to it. Any tips to solve this problem?

Thanks for any help in advance.

When you go to the settings menu for Wifi, does it show you a list of available networks?

If so, are you able to connect to your network by entering the password?

Hi Justin,

Yes I can see my network and it connects automatically. I have tried to disconnect and reconnect via that menu, as well as restarting my router but all my other devices work, so I doubt that is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Hi Justin,

Yes I can see my network and it connects automatically. I have tried to disconnect and reconnect via that menu, as well as restarting my router but all my other devices work, so I doubt that is the problem.

Thanks for the help.

Would you be able to login to your router and change the Wifi Channel to something between 1 and 8?

If you are not sure how to do this, let me know

I can have one of our Phone guys do this over Teamviewer for you.

Hi Justin,

I can do that myself, and once I get home I will try that. Any specific channel I should aim for? Just to note, the box was working perfectly before this failed update, so I don't think it's signal interference.

Also, the 585 firmware download on the site is not zipped correctly or something, I can't download it without the error message "Unexpected end of archive". This might be hurting other users, if you wanted to look into that. I would try to update via USB and see if that works before seeking forum help.

Thanks again.

Hi Justin,

I can do that myself, and once I get home I will try that. Any specific channel I should aim for? Just to note, the box was working perfectly before this failed update, so I don't think it's signal interference.

Also, the 585 firmware download on the site is not zipped correctly or something, I can't download it without the error message "Unexpected end of archive". This might be hurting other users, if you wanted to look into that. I would try to update via USB and see if that works before seeking forum help.

Thanks again.

Any channel between there should be fine.

And which download you referring to, the one on the Forum or Mygica.com?

Let me know if it is the forum so I can look at it. I can only upload zip folders to the forum for download.

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Somehow changing to channel one worked and I can update now.

It was on the main website, under support then firmware for the 585. If that not your domain then maybe you could pass the message along?

Thanks again

Hi,

Thanks a lot. Somehow changing to channel one worked and I can update now.

It was on the main website, under support then firmware for the 585. If that not your domain then maybe you could pass the message along?

Thanks again

Good to hear it worked on your 585

It was probably mygica.com then for the Firmware

I have forced them to change servers for this site since it is slow and downloads are super slow.

The same thing goes for the OTA Update server as well.

The switch should be done in about 1-2 weeks.