Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

LeanneWilkinsZA

How to force MyGica T230 USB TV tuner for dvb-t2

I recently bought a MyGica T230 USB TV tuner.

I am running it on Windows XP SP2 computer.

I installed the software and drivers as per the instructions but when I scan for channels it only seems to pick up dvb-t channels.

I know that I can receive dvb-t2 channels as I am able to do this with another tv tuner.

I am using an external TV aerial for the signal.

How do I go about forcing T230 to pick up the dvb-t2 channels?

I recently bought a MyGica T230 USB TV tuner.

I am running it on Windows XP SP2 computer.

I installed the software and drivers as per the instructions but when I scan for channels it only seems to pick up dvb-t channels.

I know that I can receive dvb-t2 channels as I am able to do this with another tv tuner.

I am using an external TV aerial for the signal.

How do I go about forcing T230 to pick up the dvb-t2 channels?

Is there not an option in the menu to change the Antenna Source?

Are you using Total Media or HiDTV as your program to scan in channels?

I'm using TotalMedia 3.5

There doesn't seem to be an option for selecting antenna source.

I get the attached error message in Windows 10 at the Select Region screen.

Could it be that my USB port doesn't have enough power to run it?

t230_win10_errorconnecting.jpg.802a3cc1be69edf3addbc05bfde2ab3f.jpg

I'm using TotalMedia 3.5

There doesn't seem to be an option for selecting antenna source.

I get the attached error message in Windows 10 at the Select Region screen.

Could it be that my USB port doesn't have enough power to run it?

Did you run the drivers in compatibility mode of Windows 7 when you tried this on Windows 10?

Seems like it cannot find the device because the drivers are not being recognized.

Thanks for the info :)

I tried to install drivers on Windows 8 in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, but it seems to have crashed the computer (while trying to scan for channels it crashed and rebooted the computer and since then I'm still trying to get back into my computer, just hangs :( )

I tried installing drivers on Windows 10 in Windows 8 Compatibility mode and seemed to work but when I go into TotalMedia to complete device set up and scan for channels, the software just hangs (seems to get stuck after selecting Country) and I have to eventually just reboot the computer.

The only place I've managed to get it to work partly is on Windows XP. The drivers and software installs fine but it only picks up 19 channels (dvb-t channels only) whilst another dvb-t2 device is able to pick up 26 channels (including dvb-t2).

Not sure if there's some sort of conflict, if the USB ports aren't powerful enough to power the device (but other device works fine in same ports) or that the aerial is too long (I'm using an external aerial which works fine with the other dvb-t2 device, I couldn't get it working better with the little aerial that it comes with).

I'm all out of ideas now, not sure what else to try ...

Am beginning to think that the MyGica device can't pick up dvb-t2 channels or can't switch to dvb-t2 scanning mode, seems to be defaulting to only do dvb-t channels ...

Thanks for the info :)

I tried to install drivers on Windows 8 in Windows 7 Compatibility mode, but it seems to have crashed the computer (while trying to scan for channels it crashed and rebooted the computer and since then I'm still trying to get back into my computer, just hangs :( )

I tried installing drivers on Windows 10 in Windows 8 Compatibility mode and seemed to work but when I go into TotalMedia to complete device set up and scan for channels, the software just hangs (seems to get stuck after selecting Country) and I have to eventually just reboot the computer.

The only place I've managed to get it to work partly is on Windows XP. The drivers and software installs fine but it only picks up 19 channels (dvb-t channels only) whilst another dvb-t2 device is able to pick up 26 channels (including dvb-t2).

Not sure if there's some sort of conflict, if the USB ports aren't powerful enough to power the device (but other device works fine in same ports) or that the aerial is too long (I'm using an external aerial which works fine with the other dvb-t2 device, I couldn't get it working better with the little aerial that it comes with).

I'm all out of ideas now, not sure what else to try ...

Am beginning to think that the MyGica device can't pick up dvb-t2 channels or can't switch to dvb-t2 scanning mode, seems to be defaulting to only do dvb-t channels ...

Since I am not familiar with DVB-T/T2 because we use ATSC where I live.

Can you send email to support@mygica.com and CC me on it support@mygica.tv

They will be able to assist you further with this.

I will make sure they help you with this, is why I want you to CC me on the email.