Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

lelgrant

ATV500X

Hey all I know this is an older model but I just purchased it. I cannot get the wifi to even become an option on this box and it is a wifi only option box. Any suggestions I have watched every video out there and googled it like crazy and it seems to be a problem with the box any suggestions? Thanks!

Hey all I know this is an older model but I just purchased it. I cannot get the wifi to even become an option on this box and it is a wifi only option box. Any suggestions I have watched every video out there and googled it like crazy and it seems to be a problem with the box any suggestions? Thanks!

Go to Program Add ons

There is a program called "Wifi Manager" or "Network Manager"

From there you can setup Wifi

Thank you, now it shows me connected but network error. I know I have seen that answer some place now I just have to find it.

Try factory resetting the box, then resetting Wifi.

You can do this with the Reset button on the bottom of the unit, which will bring you to the Android Recovery screen.

Okay so now I lost the wifi again. When I try to reconnect the wifi it is asking for the encryption key or IP address (not the password) both of which I know and entered but it cannot connect to the wifi. I have reset the box and tried again but no change what am I doing wrong? Forgot to mention I'm getting script errors as well.

Okay so now I lost the wifi again. When I try to reconnect the wifi it is asking for the encryption key or IP address (not the password) both of which I know and entered but it cannot connect to the wifi. I have reset the box and tried again but no change what am I doing wrong? Forgot to mention I'm getting script errors as well.

Can you try clearing the cache and factor reset both inside the Recovery Screen?

If this does not work, then the Wifi might have stopped working.

If you want to try opening the unit you can, to see if the Wifi antenna cable is connected properly to the main PCB board.

All I am getting right now when I try to go into the maintenance tool is script errors. I did open the box and it appears as though the antenna is attached to the board still. I did clear the cache with the reset but that failed as well. Seems to be something with the board has gone wrong I'm guessing.

All I am getting right now when I try to go into the maintenance tool is script errors. I did open the box and it appears as though the antenna is attached to the board still. I did clear the cache with the reset but that failed as well. Seems to be something with the board has gone wrong I'm guessing.

When and where did you buy the 500x from?

The box was given to me as a gift so I'm not sure where it was purchased. I just got it in December so it is a bit of a disappointment but not much I can do. I really don't want to go back to the person and ask for a receipt.

The box was given to me as a gift so I'm not sure where it was purchased. I just got it in December so it is a bit of a disappointment but not much I can do. I really don't want to go back to the person and ask for a receipt.

Sorry about the problems you are having with this

It sounds like there is an actual issue with the box itself.

If you email me support@mygica.tv

I will try to figure out something for you