Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

tnyeste

Cant download Kodi

Hi! I can't download and open Kodi after a factory reset. Go into Kodi and download ARM. When I try to open it I get a "parsing" error.

I'm wondering if the MyGiCa ATV1200 isn't an origonal and perhaps a knock off. It worked for about a year but never had Kodi installed on it. It was working fine up until a week ago. Have three of them with the same problem between family and friends. All bought in the same batch.

Bought 2 refurbished units a couple days ago to replace these and had no problem setting them up. Any help would be appreciated.

When you say you never had Kodi, I assume you had XBMC installed?

If you factory reset (recovery page, factory restore etc) you should get (probably) XBMC 13.2 or similar re-installed from the flash memory of the box. That's one of the good things about this box. Futz it up completely and after resetting you should get the same box you originally bought.

Hi! I can't download and open Kodi after a factory reset. Go into Kodi and download ARM. When I try to open it I get a "parsing" error.

I'm wondering if the MyGiCa ATV1200 isn't an origonal and perhaps a knock off. It worked for about a year but never had Kodi installed on it. It was working fine up until a week ago. Have three of them with the same problem between family and friends. All bought in the same batch.

Bought 2 refurbished units a couple days ago to replace these and had no problem setting them up. Any help would be appreciated.

If the 1200s you are having the parsing error on are running Android 4.1 then this is your issue.

KODI only supports 4.2 and above.

If you go into settings, and about device. This will tell you which version of Android you are running.

Did a hard reboot and erased data, then did the upgrade and reboot, now I can't even start at all. It has a red light on the front under "status" and won't turn on. Any suggestions?

Thx Tom

Did a hard reboot and erased data, then did the upgrade and reboot, now I can't even start at all. It has a red light on the front under "status" and won't turn on. Any suggestions?

Thx Tom

Sounds like you bricked the box if it wont turn on and you have only a red light.

Hi! Finally got everything working. Went to MyGiCa support for Canada and they gave me the fix.

You can find the 4.2 upgrade files and instructions by going here

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=1690

As long as you follow all the instructions and watch the How to Video

You should not brick your box

This upgrade to 4.2, does not include Kodi though

So you will need to manually update to a newer 4.2 firmware once you upgrade to 4.2

You can find this by going here

viewtopic.php?f=77&t=2520

Make sure you do not install this file until you have officially upgraded from 4.1 to 4.2

Watch the How to Video first and follow https://www.youtube.com/embed/RGmFWll8398

Also when you download the 4.2 update make sure you open the file before you transfer the files onto a SD card or it won't work.