Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

gropemotron

Wifi slow speeds

Hi,

I just received an ATV 1800 box, and I'm seeing really slow wifi speeds. On either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz for 802.11n I'm only seeing speeds of 66Mbps. For comparison my Nexus 5 phone is getting 433MBps over the 5Ghz. Is there a fix to this? Those speeds won't support the applications I am trying to do over my wifi.

At this time the signal strength is excellent as it is sitting a few feet from my access point. Wifi analyzer says there is not a single other 5Ghz wifi near us either.

Thanks.

Hi,

I just received an ATV 1800 box, and I'm seeing really slow wifi speeds. On either 2.4Ghz or 5Ghz for 802.11n I'm only seeing speeds of 66Mbps. For comparison my Nexus 5 phone is getting 433MBps over the 5Ghz. Is there a fix to this? Those speeds won't support the applications I am trying to do over my wifi.

At this time the signal strength is excellent as it is sitting a few feet from my access point. Wifi analyzer says there is not a single other 5Ghz wifi near us either.

Thanks.

The Wifi module that is built into the 1800e only supports up to 70MBS over 2.4 and 5.0 GHZ Wifi.

This is more then enough to run any application out there, even 4K.

I am very curious as to which applications you need over 400mbs over Wifi in order to run them?

Because I have never heard of this before.

I am using an android application called Moonlight. I can stream games from my PC to my android device, but as soon as I start it I get errors that say low bandwidth. I was doing this on my raspberry pi that can get 150Mbps, and it was working fine. It seems like 60Mbps is too slow though.

I am using an android application called Moonlight. I can stream games from my PC to my android device, but as soon as I start it I get errors that say low bandwidth. I was doing this on my raspberry pi that can get 150Mbps, and it was working fine. It seems like 60Mbps is too slow though.

I can put it on 720p 30fps, but putting it on 60fps or 1080p I start to get low bandwidth alerts.