Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

Enhancement Request: Make it easier to turn on VPN

I have a request for the developers. Can you make it simpler to turn on VPN. Right now, I need to go into setting, navigate to the far tab, click down a couple of times to go into more settings, the navigate down to VPN, type in a password twice, select my vpn and connect. It's good that you let me save my password.

I turn VPN on and off a bunch of times to remove geofencing restrictions and currently it's a pain, even with the KR-300 IR remote Keyboard. It would be even longer if I just had the stock remote. I don't understand why I need to type in a password, let alone type it in twice.

In a previous firmware, when I hit the setting button, it remembered where I last left off in the setting, after the upgrades, it doesn't and always takes me to the top level, top left tab.

I'm running the latest updates 06 26.

Thanks!

I will pass along this suggestion

Thanks

Thanks Justin,

I'm using privateinternetaccess and found out that they have an android app in the the google play store. It works great for now.

Was this app free to download?

Our new 4K Launcher being released soon, will make it easier to access the "More Settings Menu" which is basically the Stock Android Settings menu. We have now separated the 2 menus, and made settings apart of the Launcher, which will allow you to access each basic setting individually and also the "More settings" within the Launcher, this should make for a much more user friendly experience.

The VPN settings menu is something that is apart of the stock android settings menu, which I am not sure can be changed, but I will inquire about this.

You need to subscribe premium VPN service e.g. PureVPN https://www.purevpn.com/order

Meh, only 500 servers (as opposed to PIAs 3300) and it's pricier. Also if you know how to do it you can anonymously pay with Google Play cards from your local drug store.