Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Ozzy1980

Bricked MyGica ATV520e

I have recently followed the instructions to upgrade to 4.2.2 but it never even got to the android screen and just died... I have tried to get assistance through your live chat... forums and call in number but I find the support for your product is very limited... I purchased it at CanadaComputers and with out their extended warranty I would need to send it to your company but no one seems to be providing any direction or support to make this happen. I am extremely frustrated with your customer support or lack of and it is very sad as the product could be a very good one but with the lack of support I would be hesitant to suggest this product to friends or family... just looking for some help here...

Anything to get me back up and going... :(

I have recently followed the instructions to upgrade to 4.2.2 but it never even got to the android screen and just died... I have tried to get assistance through your live chat... forums and call in number but I find the support for your product is very limited... I purchased it at CanadaComputers and with out their extended warranty I would need to send it to your company but no one seems to be providing any direction or support to make this happen. I am extremely frustrated with your customer support or lack of and it is very sad as the product could be a very good one but with the lack of support I would be hesitant to suggest this product to friends or family... just looking for some help here...

Anything to get me back up and going... :(

Sorry to hear that your unit became bricked. And sorry about your attempts to get in touch with our support, however we are closed on Sundays, and were short staffed on Monday due to being Closed on Tuesday for Canada Day. I normally handle all support requests by phone, and I was away since Saturday for the long weekend, if you left a voice mail, I will get back with everyone today and tomorrow.

If you would like, you can send me an email personally to (Email has been removed) and I can gladly assist you with your warranty process.

Hi justin hope you can help im new on this forum struglin to get the right place to post anycase my atv520e got bricked trough stupidity and now i feel like im looding temper w linux cause its not user friendly please im trying to figure out how ths system worx ant trying to acces apps ie youtube and facebook and would like to know if there is a stable version of android that i can update my linux to its on frodo or smtn im fro lm South Africa and the lions depend on watchin vids from ur box so please help me help them

Hi justin hope you can help im new on this forum struglin to get the right place to post anycase my atv520e got bricked trough stupidity and now i feel like im looding temper w linux cause its not user friendly please im trying to figure out how ths system worx ant trying to acces apps ie youtube and facebook and would like to know if there is a stable version of android that i can update my linux to its on frodo or smtn im fro lm South Africa and the lions depend on watchin vids from ur box so please help me help them

Can you please let me know which model you are using for Linux? Will allow me to help you better

Hi Justin,

I have had the same issue in november on a 520, tried to contact customer service, and it seems from the quality of their replies, that they do not speak English at all. Now I'm stuck with a dead mygica box, and due the the service, there's no way I would replace it by another gica product... even if they are quite impressive. Can you help me?

I also bricked mine but fixed it. It was giving a red light; nothing ever showed on the TV.

I checked the zip file from this site and it was missing an uboot file. I added the missing file, adjusted the config file to point to the 2015 firmware IMG instead of the older 2014 IMG file and it recovered and updated my unit in a single session.

hamster.foxhollow.ca/mygica.zip

Hi Justin,

I have had the same issue in november on a 520, tried to contact customer service, and it seems from the quality of their replies, that they do not speak English at all. Now I'm stuck with a dead mygica box, and due the the service, there's no way I would replace it by another gica product... even if they are quite impressive. Can you help me?

Where do you live?

And when and where did you purchase the unit from?

Hi Justin,

MyGica ATV520 on permanent red light and no display. it is not going to blinking mode or not loading from SD.

Please help me.

L5V 2L5

When and where did you purchase it from?

Do you still have the receipt for your purchase?

If it is still within 1 year of purchasing it, then your unit comes with a 1 year warranty.

I have receipt but need to find it, but if after one year how to process?

If after 1 year, we offer unbricking services for $20 + return shipping costs.

If we cannot unbrick it, you wont be charged.

Or you can trade it in for a $50 credit towards a newer model.

Hi Justin

I have the same problem as everyone above.

My unit stays on permanent red light, after an attempted upgrade.

I'm from South Africa as well and my unit is older than a year.

I try to update and holding the pin in, but it never flashes blue.

Hi Everyone, need help please. I flashes chip and update file update_spi_mx_20130805.img that give error show fail to load "MTD" and " Recovery". Thank in advance. ;)