Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

waskew

ATV585 WIFI access point list

Hello everyone. First time poster here. Love BOTH of my ATV585 boxes.

I just bought a second ATV585 a few weeks ago and connected through WIFI. Everything was fine except yesterday the new style keyboard/remote stopped working. Hindsight tells me now I should have just checked the battery and the rest of this story wouldn't have happened...

So I checked the updates and see one to do but there is not enough space on the internal SD. The older box connected to Ethernet updated no problem however.

I ended up formatting the SD card and should not have...my mistake. I used the March file that Justin posted (thank you) and copied it to a USB stick and eventually restored the box but now when I connect to WIFI, the access point list won't refresh or find any AP's. I switched boxes and the former Ethernet box connects successfully to WIFI. The new box is now connected to Ethernet but still no WIFI.

I read some other posts that had similar problems but the fixes are for different models.

Does anyone know how I can "fix" the WIFI on the new box or is it toast?

Thanks all!

btw, I changed the battery in the remote and it is good to go...dammit...ha.

I have had the same problem, I got my 585 a couple o weeks ago, and everything worked as expected, I was not a fan of th stock launcher and played around a bit with different ones, and made a lot of changes to the box. I decided the reload the firmware to get back to a stock setup, but could only find the March update. (There is an update on the mygica site dated 20150717 but the file is only 56 mb in size and gets an invalid archive error.). After applying the March update WiFi will no longer work, only wired connection. The only solution I found was to load firmware found on the geniatech Web site for similar device, but things were buggy and had some crashes. Can a proper July update file be posted here with confirmed working wifi??..

Thanks.

Thanks Ryan. I have packaged it back up but found the retailer will not return it. Now it has to go back to My Gica. Justin...is there any help for this unit or am I sending it back?

I have had the same problem, I got my 585 a couple o weeks ago, and everything worked as expected, I was not a fan of th stock launcher and played around a bit with different ones, and made a lot of changes to the box. I decided the reload the firmware to get back to a stock setup, but could only find the March update. (There is an update on the mygica site dated 20150717 but the file is only 56 mb in size and gets an invalid archive error.). After applying the March update WiFi will no longer work, only wired connection. The only solution I found was to load firmware found on the geniatech Web site for similar device, but things were buggy and had some crashes. Can a proper July update file be posted here with confirmed working wifi??..

Thanks.

Hello, I did the exact same thing. Including the dud 56 mg download. Installed the geniatech like you did and Wi-Fi is now working but 585 will not find the latest firmware on network. :?:

Will do some more testing and will post further.

We have an OTA update for 585 going right now, if you are currently using MyGica Firmware

Sorry just at CES right now, I sent email to get this Firmware so I can post it up for manual download

Should have it by tomorrow and then will post it.

Hi, we recently purchased an ATV585, and have the same issue that no wifi access points are being displayed. The firmware appears to be

uboot 20150513; kernel 20151026; build 20151029.

There was discussion about a new build, but I didn't see anything recent.

Thanks

Hi, we recently purchased an ATV585, and have the same issue that no wifi access points are being displayed. The firmware appears to be

uboot 20150513; kernel 20151026; build 20151029.

There was discussion about a new build, but I didn't see anything recent.

Thanks

For the last firmware you can look here: viewtopic.php?p=17361#p17361

Hi, I installed the new firmware from the link, but I still can't get any access points to list.

Is there a special way to install the firmware that I may have overlooked ?

When I check the version numbers they have definitely changed, so I know something was installed.

Thanks

John

I can't believe no one else is experiencing this problem.

Even when I go into Android Settings, WIFI is off, and turning on doesn't do a thing.

I've tried a factory reset and still the same...

Justin ??? Help...

I have had this being reported by some of you

One of our dealers had this issue on 2 units.

So I swapped them and sent them to our engineers.

They responded to me before they went for New Years, and told me that the December 2015 Firmware fixes this issue

I have not tried this myself

You can download it here, and try for yourself and let me know if it works or not

update_MyGica_ATV585_20151208.zip

Hi, thanks Justin.

I actually got this file from Will and I believe its the same one posted a few posts back as well.

Problem is still there... no wifi access points listed, and if you go a bit farther into android settings, wifi is disabled ( if you click to enable, no access points are listed, and if go out and back into android settings it goes back to disabled).

Hi, thanks Justin.

I actually got this file from Will and I believe its the same one posted a few posts back as well.

Problem is still there... no wifi access points listed, and if you go a bit farther into android settings, wifi is disabled ( if you click to enable, no access points are listed, and if go out and back into android settings it goes back to disabled).

Can you try this file still and let me know your results?

Thanks Justin.

I will try it tonight when I get home.

Can I use the system upgrade application, or should I go through QuickBoot to put into Recovery mode ?

Let me know.

Regards

John

Thanks Justin.

I will try it tonight when I get home.

Can I use the system upgrade application, or should I go through QuickBoot to put into Recovery mode ?

Let me know.

Regards

John

You can use either one

Just if using system upgrade app, if the file does not appear.

Hit the 3 lined menu button 10+ times to make it appear.

Let me know how it goes.....

Hi, I tried and it's still the same result. As someone said, there must be a hardware issue.

It was bought from your store in Mississauga, but she says she never got a receipt. Can we drop by on Saturday for an exchange? Do we need an RMA number ?

Thanks

John

Hi, I tried and it's still the same result. As someone said, there must be a hardware issue.

It was bought from your store in Mississauga, but she says she never got a receipt. Can we drop by on Saturday for an exchange? Do we need an RMA number ?

Thanks

John

Fill out an RMA Ticket

http://rma.mygica.ca

Mention you want to drop it off in the Ticket.

I am at the Store on Saturday, so will make sure you get a working replacement unit

Thanks

Justin

Thanks Justin and team at the MyGICA store.

Unit was replaced and all is good now.

John

Good to hear

Glad I could help

Hi Justin. I'm sorry, I thought I had responded to this one. My box was connected to the wired connection. It eventually picked up the firmware update and has been working really well ever since.

Any idea where I can get a spare remote? I fear mine is going to fail...

Hi Justin. I'm sorry, I thought I had responded to this one. My box was connected to the wired connection. It eventually picked up the firmware update and has been working really well ever since.

Any idea where I can get a spare remote? I fear mine is going to fail...

Which remote control are you looking for?

Check with our re-sellers here

http://www.mygica.tv/where-to-buy.php