Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Soulglow

ATV585 Latest Update Not Downloading

Hello. I have recently acquired an ATV585. It's a great little device. I was checking for updates on the unit and apparently there is one labelled V002M8B01_20151208 that is ready for download but I can't seem to get it to download and install.

Is there a site that I can go to manually download the file on my computer and install via SD or USB?

Thanks in advance.

Hello. I have recently acquired an ATV585. It's a great little device. I was checking for updates on the unit and apparently there is one labelled V002M8B01_20151208 that is ready for download but I can't seem to get it to download and install.

Is there a site that I can go to manually download the file on my computer and install via SD or USB?

Thanks in advance.

I will post the file for manual download later this week

May I know what happens when you click install when you try to update it directly through the box?

When I go to download, the download symbol is shown in the upper left corner but never seems to finish downloading or install. I have left this on for hours and hours (and days) multiple times but it does not perform the download and update. I've tried rebooting a number of times but the same experience happens.

Thanks in advance.

My 585 reported an update was available yesterday (Jan. 6) The device did its update and all is fine, any luck on your end?

Thanks in advance.

My 585 reported an update was available yesterday (Jan. 6) The device did its update and all is fine, any luck on your end?

Nope, still no luck.

Any update on when the file might be available for download, Justin?

I've got the same problem for this release. What's frustrating is I see the arrow showing its downloading but I can't pull down to look at android notifications as you can do on a mobile or tablet to see how far it is. That in itself is frustrating as I like to clear old notifications on the top left of the screen and can't figure out how to.

On the remote you can push the circled I and it should open the notifications.

If it isn't done yet, you should plug a mouse. It's very helpful.

------

Is v002m8b01_20150729 the last version ?

I eventually got it to download. I did a manual update and then stayed in the update app and didn't do anything else. What worries me the actual installation froze. After 3 hours I pulled the power out and, on rebooting, it installed. Mygica needs to test its products a bit more thoroughly or let users act as beta testers. A non technical user would have panicked.!

Thanks for the firmware.

It was not easy to install. (for me :oops: )

I tried via upgrate>local : nothing

reboot and recovery was the only way.

I tried with a usb but the installation froze at some point. even if i start singing "Let it Go" for an hour.

I had to unplug and restart.

I did a new try with the sd card from my tablet and now it's installed. :P

Can you tell us what's new with this update ?

Hey Justin, may I know if this is the latest firmware (Dec 2015)?

Because I see the top thread is March2015 which should be older...and on the MyGica.com the firmware is July2015, yet the size is only 55MB, is that even usable (or just a wrong size file?)

I am currently using a 20141205 version in the ATV585, its updater app does not even update at all!

Because I see the top thread is March2015 which should be older...and on the MyGica.com the firmware is July2015, yet the size is only 55MB, is that even usable (or just a wrong size file?)

I am currently using a 20141205 version in the ATV585, its updater app does not even update at all!

The version I posted on Page 1 of this thread is the version from December.

If you cannot see this file when using the Updater app, try pressing the 3 Lined button on the remote 10+ times.

The file should appear after this.

The version I posted on Page 1 of this thread is the version from December.

If you cannot see this file when using the Updater app, try pressing the 3 Lined button on the remote 10+ times.

The file should appear after this.

Managed to get the Dec2016 firmware installed (even though it froze once, had to power off/on). Working perfectly, thanks! :lol:

I Installed the update on 1 box without a problem (well, not quit true, it froze the first try, unplugged and plugged and then it updated without a problem.)

On my second box however, it wont go into the update bootsection.

I also tried to go to the recovery via quickboot, but it just boots again into the OS?

Is there another way to reset the box or to force it into the recovery mode or update mode?