Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

12AMS

ATV520E will not boot.

Justin,

I checked the other posts, but they seem to deal with people bricking their system while updating it. Mine has been updated successfully and I have been happily using both Kodi and Netflix without any troubles. Unfortunately, it froze today and I had to pull the plug to try to reboot. I left the plug out for about a minute to make sure everything sorted itself out. When I plugged it back in, the Android man appeared and then "android" was displayed. Unfortunately, this is where it freezes and will go no farther. I'm hesitant to try a factory reset without advice from you first because I really don't want to have to redo my setup.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Rick

Well, I tried to do a hard reset, and although I can get to the Android menu, the box is not responding to the remote, so I cannot make a selection. The box is warm...is that normal? I'm worried that it is a hardware failure.

Please help.

hello justin i have a 520e which is also stock on the android screen, can you please advise how to fix this issue |? it was working well then it just happen,m upgraded fine before. can you pls send me the file to recover ? \\thanks \\mark

hello justin i have a 520e which is also stock on the android screen, can you please advise how to fix this issue |? it was working well then it just happen,m upgraded fine before. can you pls send me the file to recover ? \\thanks \\mark

Download the KR34 Files

From the link below

This should fix the issue you are having

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

duel core video;

of course with models atv 400 and atv520e have their reset buttons on the bottom.

Hi Justin,

i'm having the same issue , android box stuck on the Android screen, with the files you recommend. any fix ?

This is what we use to fix issues like this.

However we do run into the issue you are having currently occasionally

Can you try it again a few more times?

tried , same results : stuck on the green Android logo !!

Do the front panel lights blink red/green back and forth while you are holding the reset button?

the front lights were not working for some time now, even while the device was earlier working on the previous Android 4.1.2. they stopped working after one time I had to power cycle the box !!

I have used these exact files on 1000s of units personally since they were released without issues.

Is the SD card you are using formatted to FAT32??

Without your front lights working, it is hard to determine if the files are working or not.