Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Kass

Kodi 15.2 upgrade help what file do I use?

Hello I'm new to mygica never seen one until today.

My question is, How upgrade the box to kodi 15.2?

I understand that need to download a file onto a usb card, then what do I do?

What file do I need and where do I get it?

Help please

Thanks

In Kodi, go way over to the right, under system, then down to system info. That will tell you your version (14.2, 15.2 etc).

1) You can't install version 15.2 if you already have 14.2 installed, but you can work around that. The easiest way imo is to uninstall 14.2 is by going under (in Android front page) settings/more settings/apps/ (you should be on a black screen with white words down the left side now) then find Kodi. Go down to Kodi and uninstall (highlight Kodi then press the ok button). One of the options is uninstall.

2) You can then either install from the Play Store or right from Kodi.tv/downloads/15.2/and the "arm" version. I just d/l the arm version from Kodi then use the appinstaller program from the android front page.

I would download it first to make sure you know how to do it, then play later.

Thank you this box is giving me a lot of trouble. I really want to fix it, it has bothered me all night.

Can it be done?

ATV 500X/510B I have only seen with KODI 14.XX as the latest version

No one has come out with support for 15.XX and above, and not sure if they will since this device is much older.

Even if you switched to Android on the 500X, it is only Android 4.0 and KODI 15.XX only supports Android 4.2 and above.