Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

neda

ATV 582 failed update

Hi there,

I am located in Toronto, ON, CA. I have been using a ATV582 for months now. Earlier today, I attempted to upgrade to the latest firmware. The upgrade appeared to work fine, but upon rebooting the box is now "stuck" on the Android system recovery screen.

The screen reads E: Bad bootloader arguments

"(null)"

E: cannot mount /udisk (No such device)

E: Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

I have attempted to load factory restore files using an external SD card (formatted FAT32) OR a USB drive, to no avail

I keep hitting the same error

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

Hi there,

I am located in Toronto, ON, CA. I have been using a ATV582 for months now. Earlier today, I attempted to upgrade to the latest firmware. The upgrade appeared to work fine, but upon rebooting the box is now "stuck" on the Android system recovery screen.

The screen reads E: Bad bootloader arguments

"(null)"

E: cannot mount /udisk (No such device)

E: Can't mount /udisk/factory_update_param.aml

I have attempted to load factory restore files using an external SD card (formatted FAT32) OR a USB drive, to no avail

I keep hitting the same error

Finding update package...

Opening update package...

Verifying update package...

E: footer is wrong

E: signature verification failed

Installation aborted.

Any help would be much appreciated, thanks in advance.

May I know where you got these files from?

The first update came from the in-app update process, under settings. That's the one that failed and is now leading me to the Android recovery screen.

I first tried to update by SD card or USB using the firmware located there: http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 151119.zip

Then I searched on these boards and attempted to use the recovery files posted here (using ATV 585) https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJD ... B27C027A9B

Thanks

The first update came from the in-app update process, under settings. That's the one that failed and is now leading me to the Android recovery screen.

I first tried to update by SD card or USB using the firmware located there: http://mygica.com/download/Software/upd ... 151119.zip

Then I searched on these boards and attempted to use the recovery files posted here (using ATV 585) https://onedrive.live.com/?authkey=!AJD ... B27C027A9B

Thanks

I see you made a mistake

You are using a ATV 582, however you said you tried the restore files for ATV 585.

The ATV 585 is a different unit and uses different files.

Also the restore files only work with SD Card, and make sure your SD Card is formatted to FAT 32 and have only the restore files on the SD Card and no other files.

You can download the ATV 582 Restore files from the same link. It might just be listed as the 1800, but same files for 1800 works on the 582.

Ok, perfect.

I will try the factory file listed as 1800, on a FAT32 formatted SD card later tonight and report back. Thanks for your help

Ok, perfect.

I will try the factory file listed as 1800, on a FAT32 formatted SD card later tonight and report back. Thanks for your help

No problem

Let me know how it goes

Thanks

Hello Justin, I too upgraded my firmware and am now stuck on the android screen showing KitKat. The update went smoothly until the reboot. I was able to enter the recovery menu area before the update but now I cannot get there even by pressing the reset button on the box. My android screen is flashing on and off and the resolution showing is 1280x720. Can you help? Thanks and much appreciated.

This will fix the issues you are having

1800/582 Files are below

I have been uploading all my zip files of factory restore cards onto my onedrive. I keep them updated for the most part and I will keep putting them up until they are all there.

http://1drv.ms/1JKmuNb

If you have any problem downloading them, or you need different files, let me know.

quad core video;

the 585, 582, the reset button is on the bottom.

Hi Justin, my problem is that I cannot press the reset button on the bottom of the box. It wont rest and allow me to go to the recovery menu. Is there anyway to get to the recovery menu where I can do a wipe or factory reset? Thx.

Hi Justin, my problem is that I cannot press the reset button on the bottom of the box. It wont rest and allow me to go to the recovery menu. Is there anyway to get to the recovery menu where I can do a wipe or factory reset? Thx.

Hi Ronyy. Does the reset button feel like it "clicks" when you press it in? Are you holding it in while you apply power and waiting the correct amount of time (about 5 seconds I think) until it launches the recovery application?

If the box boots at all, try using Quickboot to boot into recovery mode.

As a last resort, you should be able to do a recovery via the serial port, but I would only recommend this after a lot of reading on these forums and understanding how to use a terminal interface through a serial connection.

Keep us posted.

DV

Did you try the factory restore files I posted in this thread?

Please help...I have been trying every update I can find to fix mygica ATV582...I just restored the factory files and installed..said installing update and update complete...however when I try to restart the box it goes right back to recovery page giving me the E:  Bad bootloader argument "(null)"  I can't use reset button nor can I get the light on the box to turn red...even when I unplug it and plug it back in...light is still blue....

Soooooo frustrating.   Any help would be appreciated.

On 3/7/2017 at 8:48 PM, Denise Grant said:

Please help...I have been trying every update I can find to fix mygica ATV582...I just restored the factory files and installed..said installing update and update complete...however when I try to restart the box it goes right back to recovery page giving me the E:  Bad bootloader argument "(null)"  I can't use reset button nor can I get the light on the box to turn red...even when I unplug it and plug it back in...light is still blue....

Soooooo frustrating.   Any help would be appreciated.

Go here, this will explain how to fix your issue