Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2bcrunchie

KR40 Battery type

:lol: hi there,I know this is kinda silly but the lithium battery in the kr40 remote-is it a CR2032 ? The original battery was fried in my unit so when I purchased a new one at a shop near my home the guy threw it away-when I asked for it back,he couldn't find it in the trash.I've been using the Maxell 2032,but I have replaced 3 of them in less than a month.I looked everywhere for the specs for the battery type and couldn't find squat, so any help would be a big help-thanx-pa

:lol: hi there,I know this is kinda silly but the lithium battery in the kr40 remote-is it a CR2032 ? The original battery was fried in my unit so when I purchased a new one at a shop near my home the guy threw it away-when I asked for it back,he couldn't find it in the trash.I've been using the Maxell 2032,but I have replaced 3 of them in less than a month.I looked everywhere for the specs for the battery type and couldn't find squat, so any help would be a big help-thanx-pa

Battery type is CR-2032

I find that a lot of these batteries being sold in stores are actually dead right out of the packaging. This is mainly the dollar store ones.

But I have been using a Sony Battery in my KR40 for a few months with no issues.

Hi- Where did you get the new battery? Is it available in stores like Walmart? or do you need to go to any other stores

The cr2032 is the flat-battery equivalent to a AAA, meaning they're available almost everywhere.

The KR40 uses a CR2032 Watch Style battery, is just much bigger then a Watch Battery.

You can find it at Wal Mart, Best Buy, The Source, Shoppers Drug Mart in Canada

In USA best places I can suggest would be Wal Mart or Best Buy

I also would suggest getting Engergizer or Duracell as the brand for the battery.