Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Benny

Dolby & dts issues

Hello,

Any time I try to play a Dolby or DTS file, all I get is static sound. It's the best way I can describe it.

I'm using a repurposed Vmedia box. I've installed the latest firmware and updates to 4.2.2. The mygica audio is set to hdmi, hdmi passthrough is enabled in kodi helix. I'm using a demon avr1513 receiver.

I've tried 3 different hdmi cables, different hdmi ports on the receiver, a factory reset and different versions of kodi with no luck. I'd love to get this working. It's a simple box and it's all I need. I believe I remember reading on these forums that disabling hardware acceleration helps but it didn't for me.

Thanks for tips.

Hello,

Any time I try to play a Dolby or DTS file, all I get is static sound. It's the best way I can describe it.

I'm using a repurposed Vmedia box. I've installed the latest firmware and updates to 4.2.2. The mygica audio is set to hdmi, hdmi passthrough is enabled in kodi helix. I'm using a demon avr1513 receiver.

I've tried 3 different hdmi cables, different hdmi ports on the receiver, a factory reset and different versions of kodi with no luck. I'd love to get this working. It's a simple box and it's all I need. I believe I remember reading on these forums that disabling hardware acceleration helps but it didn't for me.

Thanks for tips.

I would suggest using Optical cable or DD or DTS on the 1200

I don't think HDMI passthrough was ever available on the 1200, since the chipset never supported it through HDMI

I'll have to give the optical a try. If I'm not mistaken, if it was the chipset I wouldn't be getting Dd or DTS when I was using the Vmedia firmaware right? Cause it was working with xbmc and kodi and their firmware.

I'll have to give the optical a try. If I'm not mistaken, if it was the chipset I wouldn't be getting Dd or DTS when I was using the Vmedia firmaware right? Cause it was working with xbmc and kodi and their firmware.

KODI and XBMC Software decodes DTS and DD

You just have to turn this on in Kodis settings menu