Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Lollipop or Marshmallow?

Hi.

Are there any plans to upgrade the 585 to Android Lollipop or Marshmallow?

I got the player on Friday. Loving it!

Hi.

Are there any plans to upgrade the 585 to Android Lollipop or Marshmallow?

I got the player on Friday. Loving it!

We have plans for a Beta release of 5.1

6.0 I do not see happening anytime soon though, if at all. Since we rely on our Chipset manufacturer to provide us new OS updates for Android.

No it has not been released

You will not see 6.0 for the 585, 1800, 1900, 582, 380.

As AMlogic our chipset manufacturer last OS update was Android 5.1 and will not be coming out with anything new after this.

The current version of 5.1 they released is very buggy to, so I am figuring out something with a different development team to see about releasing something.

This is really too bad. I purchased a Mygica ATV 585 in December 2016 to use as a kodi device. Now KODI 17 will not run on anything below android 5.1 Lollipop. Unfortunately that is out of reach for my 2 month old unit. A bookend I guess eh? I'll be sure to not buy MyGica again in the future, I'll buy something that actually works as a KODI box. I'll be sure to put the word out too about how there is no available support. 

17 hours ago, R Keith said:

This is really too bad. I purchased a Mygica ATV 585 in December 2016 to use as a kodi device. Now KODI 17 will not run on anything below android 5.1 Lollipop. Unfortunately that is out of reach for my 2 month old unit. A bookend I guess eh? I'll be sure to not buy MyGica again in the future, I'll buy something that actually works as a KODI box. I'll be sure to put the word out too about how there is no available support. 

We plan to release a forked version of KODI 17 that will work on the 585 running Android 4.4
It will be available on the Playstore soon, along with the source code on github

We plan to call it MyGica Media Center

Just installed MyGyca Media Center on ATV 585.  This is a work around for the Kodi 17, The process is different than 16.1 since the interface is new.  After installing all the different sources and repositories my Gyca box with 4.4 is once again working like a charm.

Thanks guys, great job.

On 4/7/2017 at 1:12 PM, starterman said:

Just installed MyGyca Media Center on ATV 585.  This is a work around for the Kodi 17, The process is different than 16.1 since the interface is new.  After installing all the different sources and repositories my Gyca box with 4.4 is once again working like a charm.

Thanks guys, great job.

Great to hear

Thanks