Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

teddybeer

Quad Core Enjoy TV Stick ATV185

Hi,

I saw this product in a store in Belgium but no trace here or on mygica.com : (are you ashamed ?)

http://www.mediamarkt.be/fr/product/_my ... 77668.html

MYGICA Quad Core Enjoy TV Stick ATV185

Android 4.4 / 8 GB / 1 GB RAM / ARM Cortex A5 quad core

HDMI / USB / microUSB (for power supply i suppose)

in box: HDMI Stick / Manual (Wait, no remote ? :shock: )

Is there no support for this ?

MYGICA-Quad-Core-Enjoy-TV-Stick-%28ATV185%29

The ATV 185 uses the exact same firmware as our ATV 585

We decided to not carry the ATV 185 in USA and Canada, since sticks are not very popular here.

I have about 5pcs of this model that we got for samples, they do run preety good in my opinion.

But also found they can run hot after awhile, and also the Wifi is not as strong as it is on a box.

We are considering the ATV 195 Stick though with S905 64Bit Quad Core chipset, since this model will be a metal casing for the heat and an external wifi antenna.

I attached a picture of ATV 195 to here

IMG_20151012_101110.jpg.6df22839ee5177f718b7a4bd78b268e8.jpg

Hi Justin

Can you post a link for the original firmware for ATV185 as I've just updated using ATV585 firmware as noted above and bricked my ATV185 device.

I now have two times the main screen on my TV and my remote controller doesn't work

Thanks

9 hours ago, blackfox135 said:

Hi Justin

Can you post a link for the original firmware for ATV185 as I've just updated using ATV585 firmware as noted above and bricked my ATV185 device.

I now have two times the main screen on my TV and my remote controller doesn't work

Thanks

You can find the ATV 585 Bootcard files by going here

http://mygica.tv/files

The 585 files will work on your 185, you just need to use the reset button on the 185 to use these files.

Hi Justin

Thanks

The link you provide doesn't include the factory installed OEM firmware - if it is - then it doesn't work and my ATV185 is now useless.  Please provide replacement with something that is supported on your website.

I 'd be happy to take the 195 in lieu, given the grief this is giving me.

12 hours ago, blackfox135 said:

The link you provide doesn't include the factory installed OEM firmware - if it is - then it doesn't work and my ATV185 is now useless.  Please provide replacement with something that is supported on your website.

I 'd be happy to take the 195 in lieu, given the grief this is giving me.

We never sold the ATV 185 under the MyGica brand name in North America.
This was only sold in Europe.

So you must have the Enjoy TV Version, which is a white label product from our factory "Geniatech"
Or you purchased it within Europe.

The bootcard files that Justin posted should work, if you are getting 2 screens, then your device is not bricked and you just did something wrong.

If you are looking to get the device replaced, then you will have to deal with the company or sales rep who sold it to you

I think you are confused.

Please follow this link to Maplin UK site.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/mygica-atv185-android-tv-dongle-with-kodi-embedded-n19ej

Also please look at your own user forum thread.

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/topic/2176-quad-core-enjoy-tv-stick-atv185/#comment-20481

And finally, please read Justin’s comments, posted January 28, 2016

We decided to not carry the ATV 185 in USA and Canada, since sticks are not very popular here.

I have about 5pcs of this model that we got for samples, they do run preety good in my opinion.

But also found they can run hot after awhile, and also the Wifi is not as strong as it is on a box.

We are considering the ATV 195 Stick though with S905 64Bit Quad Core chipset, since this model will be a metal casing for the heat and an external wifi antenna.

So again, please send me an RMA so I can return it to you and get a replacement.

Everything on this device says MYGICA.

14 minutes ago, MyGica Support said:

We never sold the ATV 185 under the MyGica brand name in North America.
This was only sold in Europe.

So you must have the Enjoy TV Version, which is a white label product from our factory "Geniatech"
Or you purchased it within Europe.

The bootcard files that Justin posted should work, if you are getting 2 screens, then your device is not bricked and you just did something wrong.

If you are looking to get the device replaced, then you will have to deal with the company or sales rep who sold it to you

2 hours ago, blackfox135 said:

I think you are confused.

Please follow this link to Maplin UK site.

http://www.maplin.co.uk/p/mygica-atv185-android-tv-dongle-with-kodi-embedded-n19ej

Also please look at your own user forum thread.

http://mygicasupport.com/index.php?/topic/2176-quad-core-enjoy-tv-stick-atv185/#comment-20481

And finally, please read Justin’s comments, posted January 28, 2016

So again, please send me an RMA so I can return it to you and get a replacement.

Everything on this device says MYGICA.

I am not confused.

We never sold the ATV 185 in North America
It was only ever sold in Europe

If you want to get it exchanged, you will have to go through the retailer you purchased it from

The opinions you gave on the ATV 185, are some of the exact same reasons we choose not to carry this model in North America.

We cannot exchange it for 3 reasons

1.  We only handle warranty for North America on all MyGica Products

2. We never carried the ATV 185 Model in North America

3. Even if you were to send it to us, it would cost over $200 to ship the unit to us and then back to you, which is over 2 x the cost of the item itself.