Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Lemming

Screensize-Problem with old TV PAL 576i

Hello

my ATV1200 arrived today and during the setup the box was connected to the TV via the CVBS-Video cinch and the two audio cinch connectors.

At the point where the screensize was calibated the picture-size was suddenly increased so only the upper left edge was visible.

Even though I tried a factory reset (pushing the button while reconnection the powercord) it stayed in this mode.

So selecting the settings menu via the remote is a little bit guessing.

In the settings menu, when selecting Display (I was able to do that), there is the option 'Output Mode' missing.

You have no chance to select 576i which stands for the pal-system.

My ATV 1200 has no component video out; these cinch output connectors as missing.

My box shows only the options 'Font Size' and 'Wireless Display'.

Connecting the box to a modern TV of my parents with HDMI Input ; the box operates normal. The picture size can be calibrated. Using the same modern TV, but connecting the box via the CVBS -Video input I ran into the same problems but the TV gave me the additinal information : 480i , which means the former US TV- standard.

So there is option to buy a new TV, but evt. your help could save me money.

Thanks

Hello

my ATV1200 arrived today and during the setup the box was connected to the TV via the CVBS-Video cinch and the two audio cinch connectors.

At the point where the screensize was calibated the picture-size was suddenly increased so only the upper left edge was visible.

Even though I tried a factory reset (pushing the button while reconnection the powercord) it stayed in this mode.

So selecting the settings menu via the remote is a little bit guessing.

In the settings menu, when selecting Display (I was able to do that), there is the option 'Output Mode' missing.

You have no chance to select 576i which stands for the pal-system.

My ATV 1200 has no component video out; these cinch output connectors as missing.

My box shows only the options 'Font Size' and 'Wireless Display'.

Connecting the box to a modern TV of my parents with HDMI Input ; the box operates normal. The picture size can be calibrated. Using the same modern TV, but connecting the box via the CVBS -Video input I ran into the same problems but the TV gave me the additinal information : 480i , which means the former US TV- standard.

So there is option to buy a new TV, but evt. your help could save me money.

Thanks

Go to app called MBOX Settings

From there you can switch the display settings.

I have found the resolution setting 576i in the app MBOX Settings, and changing the resolution when using a hdmi works. But this setting does not change anything when connecting the video output with cvbs (cinch) .

I found 2 ppl having the same prob.

you can see the fault picture screen when using cvbs-output here:

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1571&start=110#p4019

and this is the solution 'downgrading to Android 4.1 ' (I have seen Version 4.2. is mine)

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=1571&start=280#p13869

Now : where do I get the files for downgrading to Android 4.1 for ATV1200.

2 Files are mentioned here for Android 4.1

viewtopic.php?f=79&t=26

but the Fileresources for SPI and Firmware are not available any more.

Please provide the Downloadlinks for the 2 required Files.

Thank you.

Thanks