Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

joels

Why doesn't any mygica remote have a way to scroll

Its immensely frustrating not to have a way to easily scroll down a list with the Kr40 remote.

Especially in apps that aren't specifically designed for an Android tv. Eg vlc. Instead of having a huge ok button wouldn't it make more sense to have a mouse wheel on the remote or possibly if you hold down the ok button and press a direction arrow it scrolls in that direction... It would save having to buy a wireless mouse as I have just done. Its the only real flaw with the player.

There should be a button on your remote that looks like a computer mouse. On my KR-40 it's below the OK button and to the left of the stop button but in the image on the MyGica website it's the top right button on the face with the OK button. Anyhow, press it to toggle back and forth between mouse mode (up/down/left/right moves mouse cursor) and scroll mode (up/down/left/right) moves highlighted selection in lists and such. Hope that helps.

PS: If it does help... AFAIK all MyGica remotes have that functionality. ;-)

I Have had this complaint before

And have taken it into consideration on ways to make the use of our products easier.

We are currently developing a new remote to overcome things like this.

But it wont be ready until April or May.

Justin. I can't tell from your response if you're aware that the KR40, KR301 etc. remotes actually do support scroll mode with the mouse toggle button or if you're just saying that you think it should be made easier. Personally, using a KR301, I'm happy with the way things work. Some apps (youtube etc.) can't be used without a mouse, and some (kodi etc.) work better using the arrows to scroll. 'Best of both worlds being able to toggle between the two modes with the mouse button.

Hi. Toggling the mouse button does work for some apps but not many of them. Eg vlc, musixmatch etcetera. Non android tv apps are the biggest problem. I use a wheel mouse for those apps and it just works. Its frustrating that the remote can't do it. It also means I have to use a usb hub as both usb ports are occupied with input devices. Possibly putting a touch pad on the remote with scroll capabilities is another solution.

Thanks Justin.

I'm looking forward to it.

It will make a Mygica box a lot more usable. I'm

a wireless mouse together with the remote to overcome the problem.

I need to know how could i have my remote not only working for up and left scroll by also working down and right too .Also using some applications it wont scroll up nothing i can possibly do for make it works so please tell what can i do about that issue i am experimenting?!!!????

True. I bought a Logitech m185 (wireless) that work perfectly. You put the dongle in your magica and it's ready to use.

I first used a mouse from Trust but the buttons worked like i pushed twice on it.

If i'm not wrong best is to see if the mouse work on linux.

The design seem nice. I wished i got one like the kr40 for my device but i prefer this new presentation.

I have a similar remote for a emtec movie cube f400. Too bad, no dongle.

I think your keyboard will be much better. (Just don't make it to small - from a guy with big fingers ;) )

What i don't like with the emtec, they use a sort of rubber skin all over it. Please don't do the same.

looks great. How does the mouse button operate?

Lower priced models will be regular mouse

Higher priced models will include it with Air Mouse feature

The design seem nice. I wished i got one like the kr40 for my device but i prefer this new presentation.

I have a similar remote for a emtec movie cube f400. Too bad, no dongle.

I think your keyboard will be much better. (Just don't make it to small - from a guy with big fingers ;) )

What i don't like with the emtec, they use a sort of rubber skin all over it. Please don't do the same.

It is a much bigger the remote, and the keyboard is a decent size.