Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

wzrd10

Ringing Tune

I have an 1800 and a 585. Occasionally for reason unknown they will start a short ringing tune and stop. This is the best way I can describe it. It is like a notification alert. Can anyone help me with this. Thanks.

I am having the same issue with my ATV1800E and it happens when running Netflix as well as Kodi, you would almost think you were getting some invisible ghost email notification or something. Is anyone helping as it is an annoying interruption while enjoying a movie or show.

Are you pressing the Play button on the remote when this happens?

I have had this happen before to me where when I pressed the play button it started up the default media app and started playing a notification that was installed within KODI.

This happens when I am watching Netflix or KODI and I am not pushing anything, however I should be able to pause, play, fast forward, stop or reverse, I would imagine, sometimes it is every 10 minutes while watching Netflix and never goes beyond 30 to 35 minutes max before occurring again Justin.

This happens when I am watching Netflix or KODI and I am not pushing anything, however I should be able to pause, play, fast forward, stop or reverse, I would imagine, sometimes it is every 10 minutes while watching Netflix and never goes beyond 30 to 35 minutes max before occurring again Justin.

When and where did you purchase the unit from?

This sounds like a hardware issue.

Last summer at Canada Computers in Kingston Ontario, used it for 3.5 months then unplugged it over the winter while away in Florida for 6 months started doing it when I plugged it back in, is fine when I am Skyping or online only does this while watching Netflix or Kodi.

Last summer at Canada Computers in Kingston Ontario, used it for 3.5 months then unplugged it over the winter while away in Florida for 6 months started doing it when I plugged it back in, is fine when I am Skyping or online only does this while watching Netflix or Kodi.

Is it a clicking sound or a ringing sound?

We had one software issue sometime last year that had some boxes producing a clicking sound through HDMI

When was the last time you updated the firmware on your box?

I thought it updated automatically, how do I determine what the firmware is currently Justin? It is not a clicking sound more like chiming similar to a ring tone like you are receiving some sort of email alert, though nothing to trace it back to as nothing visual follows it, just annoying.

I thought it updated automatically, how do I determine what the firmware is currently Justin? It is not a clicking sound more like chiming similar to a ring tone like you are receiving some sort of email alert, though nothing to trace it back to as nothing visual follows it, just annoying.

If you go into settings menu of Android by clicking on Wifi or Ethernet Icon

Scroll over to other.

The Firmware Build version has a date in it

like this

20150605xxxxx for example.

Let me know that number, and I can tell you which version you are using.