admin1477960187

MyGica ATV520 Upgrading Instruction

Hi there,

I need some more instruction as to how to upgrade my device. I typically use Apple products but the guys in the store convinced me to buy the ATV520 and so far I don't find it very user friendly. I was able to download and rename to ".img" for the first link. The second link gave me this error message:

"HTTP Error 404.0 - Not Found

The resource you are looking for has been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable."

I have clicked on and installed the first part….do I need the second part?

Thanks,

Try downloading the second link again. Maybe the server was temporary unavailable. I tried downloading just now and it worked. Android learning curve over Apple shouldn't be too difficult. Are you comparing Apple TV versus Android TV? Unlike Apple products no jailbreaking required which is very difficult for most people. Thanks

Do these instructions apply to the ATV520E as well? Is there a way to update the firmware over the network as opposed to downloading the files to a USB key? I tried using the upgrade app and choosing "Manual Update now", but I get the error message, "Connect Service Fail".

Do these instructions apply to the ATV520E as well? Is there a way to update the firmware over the network as opposed to downloading the files to a USB key? I tried using the upgrade app and choosing "Manual Update now", but I get the error message, "Connect Service Fail".

Yes this applies to ATV 520E model as well.

At this time we recommend to upgrade via USB Flash Drive or Micro SD Card.

Thanks

I tried the instructions but it doesn't find anything to update - tried with both the USB and micro SD. According to the settings though I seem to have a newer version of the firmware than what is available for download.

I tried the instructions but it doesn't find anything to update - tried with both the USB and micro SD. According to the settings though I seem to have a newer version of the firmware than what is available for download.

If you have a newer version, it wont detect older ones. So therefore there is no need to upgrade your unit.

Hello all,

I just bought MyGica ATV 520E and it came with Android 4.1, there is a firware update on the mygica site and doesn't say what Android version. the two zip files are 1) update_spi_mx_20130805.img and 2) update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img.

I downloaded both files and renamed as per instructions but nothing happend, my device is looking for APK files when I try to local update, I have used a USB drive and my file name exentsion is .img as per instructions.

Also any date for Android 4.4 on these devices.

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Hello all,

I just bought MyGica ATV 520E and it came with Android 4.1, there is a firware update on the mygica site and doesn't say what Android version. the two zip files are 1) update_spi_mx_20130805.img and 2) update_MYGICA_ATV520E_20130920.img.

I downloaded both files and renamed as per instructions but nothing happend, my device is looking for APK files when I try to local update, I have used a USB drive and my file name exentsion is .img as per instructions.

Also any date for Android 4.4 on these devices.

Answers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

We have not seen the 520E come with 4.2 pre installed yet, so you must have 4.1 installed. If you want to make sure, go into the settings menu, and go down to "About Device" It will tell you the Android OS version, which will be 4.1.2 or 4.2.2.

Here is the download link for the latest 520E files. You will not need to rename the file extensions, as this has been done for you.

http://www.mygica.com/down-eng/ATV520E.zip

For the AM Logic 8726 Dual Core chipset, 4.4 is something they are working on, not sure the release date for this though, so for now the latest Android we have is 4.2.2.

Hi, I am having the same problem that wsmikhaiel reported. I have downloaded the files and copied them to USB but when I run the upgrade app on mygica and select "local update" no files are displayed for me to select.

Hi, I am having the same problem that wsmikhaiel reported. I have downloaded the files and copied them to USB but when I run the upgrade app on mygica and select "local update" no files are displayed for me to select.

As stated before, if no files are displayed, then you already have those files loaded onto your box, and there is no need for an upgrade.

If you really want to load the files though, you can always use the reset button to get into Recovery mode, and the files will be displayed in there for you to upload to your box.

Thanks Justin. I still need some help as the box is still running Android 4.1.2 and XBMC Frodo. I would really like to upgrade the OS to 4.2 and upgrade XBMC to Gotham. (None of my Addons are working on XBMC - Primewire, PFTV, Icefilms etc). It is very frustrating and I am hoping a software upgrade may help fix some of these issues. Is there another forum that will point me towards upgrading Android?

Thanks Justin. I still need some help as the box is still running Android 4.1.2 and XBMC Frodo. I would really like to upgrade the OS to 4.2 and upgrade XBMC to Gotham. (None of my Addons are working on XBMC - Primewire, PFTV, Icefilms etc). It is very frustrating and I am hoping a software upgrade may help fix some of these issues. Is there another forum that will point me towards upgrading Android?

We have the upgrade instructions and video to upgrade to 4.2 right on our forum already

viewtopic.php?f=69&t=1666

Once upgraded to 4.2, Follow the link below on how to install XBMC Gotham. Make sure you install the ARM version.

To install it you can find the instructions here

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HO ... or_Android

You will have to follow step #6 first. And then follow steps #2-5, as #1 has already been done for you.

Not Found

The requested URL /down-eng/ATV520E.zip was not found on this server.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

Mygica.com is upgrading the look of there website, including the downloads page.

It will be ready soon.

Hi I can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded the zip but the links in the pdf are coming up 404 Not found and HTTP Error - 404.0 Not found. I need some help...Please!

Hi I can't seem to get this to work. I've downloaded the zip but the links in the pdf are coming up 404 Not found and HTTP Error - 404.0 Not found. I need some help...Please!

Which links and PDF are you referring to?

We have the upgrade files for 4.2 available to download right on our forums.

There is no PDF file

For the 520E you can find them here

viewtopic.php?f=18&t=1665

the links shown in the upgrade instruction PDF don't work... they are broken ;)

I have made China aware of there links being down.

Will remind them again to fix them.

Hello everyone.

I am afraid I have caused a disaster. My device does not start.

I had the firmware downloaded from the spanish web of mygica. I downloaded this one, and it seemed strange for me to see that it was only one img file. I tried to install it from the upgrade app, but the firmware was not detected. So I used the other method I used for other firmwares: unplug the power, introduce the SD with the file, press reset button, plug the power, and keep reset button pressed for 10 seconds, then release and the recovery menu appears, I selected all 3 wipes and then install img from sd, it was recognized and installed flawlessly, but the device now doesn´t start.

I have tried to install the spanish firmware, but the installation doaes not start....

Please tell me there is a solution.....

Best regards and thank you in advance.