Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

Some News and New Stuff

Hey Guys

I was very busy all of last week.

Will be back on Forums as of tomorrow.

I have New Version of Openelec for ATV 1900,1800,582,380 and 585.

Will post it up for download very soon. Works very well so far.

Also have a new Firmware file for ATV 1900 as well.

Which fixes some issues that you guys have been having.

I cannot get any updates to anything else till after Feb 24th, due to Chinese New Years in China.

Thanks

Justin

Posting 1900 FW Now

Just waiting on Upload to finish

OPENELEC Will be tomorrow as I have Videos being made for it.

One version works on 1800/582/380/1900

Another version works on 585/185

Is it possible to install 1900FW to Mygica 582? Is it same FW or not?

You can, but I do not suggest it as Ethernet does not work.

Hey Guys

I cannot get any updates to anything else till after Feb 24th, due to Chinese New Years in China.

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin

Is this available for the 1200.

Thanks

Andy

Hey Guys

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin

Thanks

Andy

No we cannot do Openelec for the 1200

If you are wanting KODI Linux for the 1200 look at the Ember Builds on Kodi.tv Official Forum

There is a whole thread dedicated to it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446

Hey Guys

Thanks

Justin

Hi Justin

Thanks

Andy

No we cannot do Openelec for the 1200

If you are wanting KODI Linux for the 1200 look at the Ember Builds on Kodi.tv Official Forum

There is a whole thread dedicated to it.

http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446

Thanks for the reply Justin

Could this be a way of resolving my problem in this thread

viewtopic.php?f=7&t=4089

I not sure but by loading this firmware at http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=180446

does it mean that the ATV1200 will not be running android but would be only running a dedicated version of Kodi.

Thanks again for looking

Andy

Hi Justin

Its the guy that saw you live that you helped to exchange my 1900 for another unit as we agreed the wifi was defective, So I wanted to wait an extended period of time before providing my feedback:

1) I have come to notice that when you pause KODI and backout to main menu and try to watch a YouTube video, the unable to play message comes on BUT when you go back to KODI and press STOP and come back to YouTube it works? I will let you figure out the what and why, but this is a repeatable situation.

2) Panasonic TV. Did you figure out why when the unit is ON and you shut it off. When you go to turn it back on, it just has a black screen. You did mention there was some issues with Panasonic TV's. Was this resolved? This is a major nuisance, because I have to then constantly pull the plug out and back in and then the Lollipop Screen comes on. Did you fix this issue?

3) HDMI CRC. The issue I mentioned where you shut off the unit and then turn it back on. The HDMI CRC defaults back to YES even though you want it OFF. Did you get a resolution for that?

4) KODI randomly throws me back to the main menu. Quite annoying when you navigate to a show/movie and then are about to press a server only to have it shift to the main menu out of nowhere? What's up with that?

5) The volume control on the upgraded remote. Seems as others have mentioned, You have to lower the volume and press back up and the volume is back to the normal level. Again another nuisance.,

6) Terrible SMB access to my home network NAS, I get slow motion. I get lip sync major issues. YET when I use my OLD SCHOOL WD LIVE TV box. No issues?

This is what I can remember right now. This new fix you have. A manual will update my 1900? Do I have to update by another method?

Thanks again for you and your teams help before.

AP

Will there be full GMS support so we can watch Google Movies & TV and YouTube app in Full HDin the 5.1 update??

Same questions, as least, please give us some directions.

@Andy

Once you install Ember

Android is deleted

And you are running KODI only.

KODI basically runs as it's own Operating System based on Linux.

Hi Justin

Its the guy that saw you live that you helped to exchange my 1900 for another unit as we agreed the wifi was defective, So I wanted to wait an extended period of time before providing my feedback:

1) I have come to notice that when you pause KODI and backout to main menu and try to watch a YouTube video, the unable to play message comes on BUT when you go back to KODI and press STOP and come back to YouTube it works? I will let you figure out the what and why, but this is a repeatable situation.

2) Panasonic TV. Did you figure out why when the unit is ON and you shut it off. When you go to turn it back on, it just has a black screen. You did mention there was some issues with Panasonic TV's. Was this resolved? This is a major nuisance, because I have to then constantly pull the plug out and back in and then the Lollipop Screen comes on. Did you fix this issue?

3) HDMI CRC. The issue I mentioned where you shut off the unit and then turn it back on. The HDMI CRC defaults back to YES even though you want it OFF. Did you get a resolution for that?

4) KODI randomly throws me back to the main menu. Quite annoying when you navigate to a show/movie and then are about to press a server only to have it shift to the main menu out of nowhere? What's up with that?

5) The volume control on the upgraded remote. Seems as others have mentioned, You have to lower the volume and press back up and the volume is back to the normal level. Again another nuisance.,

6) Terrible SMB access to my home network NAS, I get slow motion. I get lip sync major issues. YET when I use my OLD SCHOOL WD LIVE TV box. No issues?

This is what I can remember right now. This new fix you have. A manual will update my 1900? Do I have to update by another method?

AP

To answer all of your questions

1. Yes I am aware of this myself, as I also experience this issue. I have added it to list of issues to fix with our team.

2. The issue I found after awhile, is actually some peoples TVs have a setting to auto detect HDMI. If you turn this setting OFF on your TV, then the issue with the box becomes resolved.

3. HDMI CEC issue as I mentioned was supposed to be fixed on the New Firmware I posted. However it was not. Our team is fully aware of this problem and plan to resolve it on the next update.

4. This is a first for me really. I use a 1900 at home now for last 6 weeks. And I have not experienced this.

Can anyone else on our Forum comment on this as well?

5. Volume issue we are fully aware of. Plan to fix it on the next update.

6, We plan to come out with a custom version of KODI that will fix this issue. However we will not be calling it KODI. It will be called MyGica Media Center, or something like that. This will fix the issue of MKVs, NAS and SMB that currently happen in KODI.

This new fix, you can install manually using a SD card or USB Drive.

We do not have an OTA update out for it at this time. We plan to send an OTA update before the end of this month.

Re: Some News and New Stuff

Unread postby Justin » Sat Feb 13, 2016 1:52 pm

reefermajic wrote:

Hi Justin

AP

To answer all of your questions

1. Yes I am aware of this myself, as I also experience this issue. I have added it to list of issues to fix with our team.

2. The issue I found after awhile, is actually some peoples TVs have a setting to auto detect HDMI. If you turn this setting OFF on your TV, then the issue with the box becomes resolved.

3. HDMI CEC issue as I mentioned was supposed to be fixed on the New Firmware I posted. However it was not. Our team is fully aware of this problem and plan to resolve it on the next update.

4. This is a first for me really. I use a 1900 at home now for last 6 weeks. And I have not experienced this.

Can anyone else on our Forum comment on this as well?

5. Volume issue we are fully aware of. Plan to fix it on the next update.

6, We plan to come out with a custom version of KODI that will fix this issue. However we will not be calling it KODI. It will be called MyGica Media Center, or something like that. This will fix the issue of MKVs, NAS and SMB that currently happen in KODI.

This new fix, you can install manually using a SD card or USB Drive.

We do not have an OTA update out for it at this time. We plan to send an OTA update before the end of this month.

Justin

Global Moderator

Which myGica model(s) I own or useÊ”: atv 1200

Thx Justin I was able to load the new FW no issues by copying to my micro sd card and then as you said using the Upgrade and click 10 times.

I had to factory reset on a friend's mygica and the launcher was missing a feature with a task switcher window at the bottom with a flip feature on closing active task icons. It seemed to be an overlay the resized the mygica launcher to add some general task window switch functions.

The long press is only way I know yet to close a task or the use the kill task addon.

Any ideas? And Alt+tab switch like windows or iPad would be great.

Although switching tasks in the middle of a busy session can often freeze Android...

Tony

EE 1975

Justin,

I have the MyGica 582 and with your latest patch which seems to be working well. Before making any changes with your latest firmware, please explain how the Linux Operating System will work better than Android? Is it faster, more efficient, etc.? Thanks!

Justin,

I have the MyGica 582 and with your latest patch which seems to be working well. Before making any changes with your latest firmware, please explain how the Linux Operating System will work better than Android? Is it faster, more efficient, etc.? Thanks!

Sorry but which Linux Operating System are you referring to?