Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Justin

Some News and New Stuff

I broke openelec literally right after installing I changed to 1080p and the box is hooped. Currently all I get is a black screen and when I go into recovery mode the remote doesn't work. Any advice to fix this?

Did you not test that 1080p worked?

currently using Feb 3 2016 firmware.

I try to do manual update through update menu and return " connect to server fail".

(confirmed my Internet connection is working)

We suppose to get OTA update by the end of this month, will this going to happen?

Any update on Netflix HD and Google GSM approval?

regards,

Ron

currently using Feb 3 2016 firmware.

I try to do manual update through update menu and return " connect to server fail".

(confirmed my Internet connection is working)

We suppose to get OTA update by the end of this month, will this going to happen?

Any update on Netflix HD and Google GSM approval?

regards,

Ron

This update is not an OTA update right now, it can only be installed manually through an SD card or USB drive

That is why you are getting connect to server fail.

No update on Netflix HD or GSM right now.

would ethernet work on the 380?

No it will not.

The ethernet on all of our models except the 1900 is a 10/100 Ethernet card.

The ATV 1900 uses a 1GB Ethernet card.

How's that 1900AC OTA firmware update coming along? Just asking, as I prefer to do it that way rather than with USB or Flash of the firmware that you posted a few weeks ago.

This update is not an OTA update right now, it can only be installed manually through an SD card or USB drive

That is why you are getting connect to server fail.

Nah, he's getting that because your update server is flaky. I had the same issue on several occasions - the server would not respond ("connect to server fail" instead of "no new version found"), and when it did respond, I was getting download speeds measured in tens of kilobytes per second. Took a solid two and a half to three hours to download the update.

Hello My Gica has been down for 3 weeks, im thinking because of Genisis being lost?. I,m having trouble navagating through websites as to what I should do.I know that KODI 16.0 Jarvis is availible and I have looked at cable cutters for info.I have old version of KODI but i,m a little afraid to move forward not knowing the procedures. Could someone direct me to forum that could provide the new file I need to install on my sd card to get started.

dberta@sympatico.ca. thanks

Hi Justin,

No WiFi on atv582 after installing opener. Works fine on android can connect to my home network quite easily. On the openelec cannot activate my WiFi, so no network shows up at all because I have no WiFi. Is it currently unsupported in this build? Or is there a fix? I reinstalled opener, but that didn't fix it. Android hogs to much resources so do not really want to go back to that.

Anybody have a solution please. Need help

Paddy

Hi Justin,

No WiFi on atv582 after installing opener. Works fine on android can connect to my home network quite easily. On the openelec cannot activate my WiFi, so no network shows up at all because I have no WiFi. Is it currently unsupported in this build? Or is there a fix? I reinstalled opener, but that didn't fix it. Android hogs to much resources so do not really want to go back to that.

Anybody have a solution please. Need help

Paddy

Does your version of 585 have Bluetooth?

Justin, I am having a tough time recovering mygica ATV 1900ac box. I downloaded the latest firmware for this forum and nothing works. I downloaded Mygica-ATV1900AC_20160229.zip. Error message is E:footer is wrong; E:signature verification failed; Installation aborted; E:Cannot load volume /misc

Justin, I am having a tough time recovering mygica ATV 1900ac box. I downloaded the latest firmware for this forum and nothing works. I downloaded Mygica-ATV1900AC_20160229.zip. Error message is E:footer is wrong; E:signature verification failed; Installation aborted; E:Cannot load volume /misc

Where did you get it from?

Because our firmware mainly comes in .IMG format

Not Zip format

Just to verify.........

When we download the zip folder, there are about 5 or 6 files in there.

We ONLY want to have the February 29th img file on the usb stick when trying to install, correct?

Just to verify.........

When we download the zip folder, there are about 5 or 6 files in there.

We ONLY want to have the February 29th img file on the usb stick when trying to install, correct?

If you want just the IMG file only, you can get it from here

viewtopic.php?f=169&t=4379

The 5-6 files your referring to is if you want to Factory Restore the box.

We use this files as recovery files.

Just using the IMG file will install over whatever is currently on the box, without resetting it.

The 5-6 files will completely wipe everything from before and flash it back to factory of the Feb 29th IMG.

hi justin when is a new firmware comming out. for the 582 and others. My phones firmware is quicker then the boxes. Phone just went to 6. and the 582 still on 4.4.2. whats going on.

hi justin when is a new firmware comming out. for the 582 and others. My phones firmware is quicker then the boxes. Phone just went to 6. and the 582 still on 4.4.2. whats going on.

The latest firmware for 582 was posted here last month

viewtopic.php?f=113&t=4477

Unless there is something else your referring to?